Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here he is. Rodney is the name given by the previous owner. Apparently he can be very tempermental also. Interesting I thought was that I just got it back from the shop and Rodney Dangerfield just passed away. Perhaps the legendary comedian has breathed life back into this truck?

Isn't he big?

Fear the ram!

Nice Butt!

Rust adds character!

New Brogenson Shaft

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Nice RC, I got them same rims cept mine are old rusty.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
very nice :). the chrome does look nice on black.i took all mine off tho

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's 4" suspension lift and 33" tires. Looks really sick to pull up next to other full size "big" trucks and tower over them. The truck came with the suspension lift and was already rolling on 33's. I just replaced the old tires with the super swamper. Rough/noisy ride, but I bet they swim out of anything.

·
Registered
756 Posts
looks pretty good man. i thought it looked almost as tall as mine, my 84 R/C has 8inch lift with 35's

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I'd like to get some more clarification on MD lift laws. From what I read, MD measures from the ground to the bumper, which needs to be less then 28 inches. So A) do they measure from the bottom, middle, or top of the bumper? and B) If I want to lift the truck more, can I use some kind of drop down brackets to make the bumpers lower and still keep the state happy?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
That is really nice looking. I had rust problems too but got new panels.

I like that nice steering shaft! Mine is all crappy.

Mine had all the chrome on it too, when all the body work was done I had it removed. I didn't enjoy it too much. Leaves got stuck in it and all kinda of other junk.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
maryland lift laws are 28 inches to the bottom of the bumper and you can not use drop brackets to make the bumper lower.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Gotta love PA! We can go to 30. I think we can drop the bumpers. They tried to pass that you can't and you could only go so high depending on what you have.
But you could cut and re-weld stuff to look like it came from the factory that way. Or you could just bend the bottom of the bumper down a tad.
Cops aren't too smart.
I pull B.S. past them a lot with my trucks. But then again I'm a chick. {bunny}

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's at my apartment complex in Columbia, MD

Further more, I just had my first mini off road adventure just to make sure all the 4WD equipment was working. I found a place that looks like they are going to start construction on soon. It just has some stacks of sewage pipe right now and some trails through a large area of land. No buildings and no "no tresspassing" signs or fences. Anyway, we trove around this dirt trail first, through a small mud hole and then climed a nice 30 or 40 degree incline. What a beast! Now I have to clean the truck though... LOL!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts