Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Not me, I don't do good with big animals either, had this girlfriend once, she had these really big horses.... ever get kicked in the ribs by a horse....................

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Mudshark said:
Kicked, trampled, drug, rolled on. Yeah know those feelings
LOL Dude, Rodeo is great fun....

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The girls love it. It's a real hard life though. I tried it. It's one thing in School when you travel and play on the weekends and it's usually funded with the help of your parents, but when your trying to do it for a living it gets bad fast. Not eating, bumming money for gas to get to the next one.

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Never did the rodeo thing... just tending the horses was bad enough ;D

G

·
I started rodeoing in high school and kept on doing it part time after for several years. My parents never funded it though, I did. I bought all my gear, paid my entry fees and gas to get there and I usually slept in a tent I took along or with a friend in their camper. A lot of the time I took a partner along to help pay costs. I wasn't that good though. I did earn a pro card but I would never have made a living from it. It was more of a hobby for me than anything else. I got on my last bull in 1992 in Laramie Wyoming. I got bucked off about 2 seconds into the ride and got stomped pretty bad, good thing it had rained all day or I would've been seriously hurt. Anyway, I decided to quit after that one. I still miss it sometimes but I am way too old and way too fat now.

Chris

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wycowboy said:
I still miss it sometimes
I don't know why I miss too. I did it for fun, but then it's a lifestyle. I still get the itch to go sometimes. After I stopped competing I couldn't watch a rodeo for the longest time.

G

·
Yeah, I only did it for fun too. It's still hard to go watch sometimes, especially the bull riding. I keep wanting to go behind the chutes and help out.

Chris

G

·
I had a friend that rode bareback in high school. He invited me into the chutes to help out once. That horse stood there rolling his eyes and popping his teeth, and I swear every hair on his back was standing straight up. When my friend climbed on, every muscle in that horse began to twitch and bunch up. When the gate opened, the horse just seemed to explode. I was looking straight up at his belly. They told me I could ride the next one. I would rather be hit by a truck.

You guys certainly have my respect.

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can tell you there is no rush greater than an eight second ride, as for being hit by a truck, you'd have to ask Willy J how that feels.

G

·
Thats true, there is no greater rush as far as I'm concerned. Thats why I did it for so long. The greatest athletes in the world are rough stock rodeo cowboys IMHO. They have to ride whether they are hurt or not. If they don't, they won't get paid. Other professional athletes get paid when they are hurt so they don't feel the need to continue when hurt.

Danny, getting run over by a 2000 pound Brehmer bull is about the smae thing as getting hit by a truck. You sure you don't want to try it? I could probably hook you up for a trial ride. ;D

Chris

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
on on too a two ton pist off critter with its balls up in a knot. nope aint for me.

ill take dodge jumping any day.

i aint tryin that now deej. im too old an those 33s make that truck too high

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Mudshark said:
Been there, done that. I've had black and blue horseshoe shaped marks from the top of my chest down to my feet that lasted longer than a month.

G

·
Ramtuff said:
Mudshark said:
Been there, done that. I've had black and blue horseshoe shaped marks from the top of my chest down to my feet that lasted longer than a month.
The last bull I got on left some marks on me too. One of his rear hoofs scraped down the right side of my face and took some of my hide with it, then caught my right arm pretty good so I had a knot on the outside of the elbow for 3 months and then landed on the inside of my left knee. My whole left leg was black and BOTH sides for over a month. I could hardly walk. The hospital wanted to keep me for a few days but being a rodeo cowboy I just grinned, asked what was broken, nothing amazingly, and walked out. COWBOY UP!!!!

Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey i'm 17 and i ride bulls in the national high school rodeo. my father and i also team rope together. we brake horses on the side. we also operate a 375 acre dairy farm. so u wanna talk about a hard life try getting up at 4:30 every morning and milking 180 cow before you go to school only to get home from school and do it again. but hey u just gotta take the bad with the good and keep on keeping on. the advantage to living on the farm is i can ride bulls anytime i want which makes for good practice for the NHSR!!!!! oh yeah did i mention i love cows!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts