Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an Idea and feel free to pick it apart.
Exhaust into rock sliders.Basically running your stock exhaust into rock slider tube material.Like heavy duty side pipes.In the winter all the snow would melt instead of being held there and it would look pretty sweet,wonder what it would sound like?

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
It would also heat up anything it was welded to or touching, and you would get engine vibration through it since it would have to be welded to the frame to be a slider.  :-\

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think the heat would travel to much but thats my opinion as for the engine vibration your 110% correct, never gave thought about that.Alright scrap that Idea.
Thanks Mopar

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
mopar65pa said:
It would also heat up anything it was welded to or touching, and you would get engine vibration through it since it would have to be welded to the frame to be a slider. :-\
A pair of "Flex Socks" like the ones used on Imports can be used to keep the engine from snapping exhaust pipes, manifolds, whatever.

I'd be more worried about stepping out of my truck and turning my boot into goo :p

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
ChrisKD said:
A pair of "Flex Socks" like the ones used on Imports can be used to keep the engine from snapping exhaust pipes, manifolds, whatever.

I'd be more worried about stepping out of my truck and turning my boot into goo :p
maybe designe some sort of heat exchanger??

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
ChrisKD said:
{yes} ;D

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
I think this would work excellent as long as you used galvanized fence tubing for the rockers that the exhaust is going to run in to.  ;D ;D

eric

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
You have no room to talk....you're the one that said you're installing side pipes on the crew. ;D
Yeah but Joe, when i picture Side Pipes i think tucked back behind the rockers just a little bit. When i picture Rocker Gaurds i picture something you can stand on :p

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Yeah but Joe, when i picture Side Pipes i think tucked back behind the rockers just a little bit. When i picture Rocker Gaurds i picture something you can stand on :p
Like skids on a helicopter!

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
ChrisKD said:
You obviously havent seen many corvettes or cobras. That tucked in stuff is "new fangled".....tony wouldn't go for it.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
You obviously havent seen many corvettes or cobras. That tucked in stuff is "new fangled".....tony wouldn't go for it.
No i haven't.

But my first car (may it rust in peace), a '73 340 Dart Sport had Side Pipes, that were below and slightly behind the rockers and dumped out in front of the rear wheels.

It was a sweet car, and i miss it. Someday it will live again though, cause i've got every important part from the car. K-Frame with the 340 still on it, 727 still bolted to the 340, Core Support, Doors, Interior, ect. 8)

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts

You know tony will go for something lavish and old school like that. Then some unsuspecting or short passenger will try to use it as a step and break them lol.

Spray some ceramic black on the rocker version and don't worry about people using them as steps. ;D

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:

You know tony will go for something lavish and old school like that. Then some unsuspecting or short passenger will try to use it as a step and break them lol.

Spray some ceramic black on the rocker version and don't worry about people using them as steps. ;D
The ones on my Dart didnt stick out like that. They were Chrome though and had those "Preforated" Heat Shields on them. No worries about using them as "steps"

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
Hey now how comes I always come up when the word "new fangled" is used........ {think} OH cause I don't like it. :p

The side pipes I'm putting on will have heat shields like Chris said. And I'm planning on setting them back under the truck more than those Vette pipes are. :p

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
I worked with a Dr. Bob Degnan at one time. Back in the early 70's he had a matching pair of AC Cobras. One for him and one for his wife. Said wife went to step out of her car one day and totally fried the back of her leg on those side pipes. She refused to drive the car or even ride in one ever again.

Since after that they never got drove ol' Bob sold the pair of them 2 years later for $20,000. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I about cried when he told me that. Even in the early 70's I am pretty sure you couldn't hardly even look at an AC Cobra for that price. Much less buy two of them.

Has nothing at all to do with the topic, just Joes comment about cobras reminded me of it.

Eric

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Since we've moved to Cobra's

Hey, Little Cobra, don't you know
you're gonna to shut 'em down

I took my Cobra down to the track,
hitched to the back of my Cadillac,

Everyone was there just a waiting for me
There were plenty of Stingrays and XKEs,

Spring little Cobra getting ready to strike
Spring Little Cobra with all your might
Spring little Cobra getting ready to strike
Spring Little Cobra with all your might

Hey, Little Cobra, don't you know
you are going to shut them down

"Hey, Little Cobra" was written by Carol Conner in 1964. She apparently wrote "Hey, Little Cobra after she went to Shelby American and purchased her very own Little Cobra. Her biggest hit was "To Know Him is to Love Him" selling 2 million copies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts