Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im keeping picks of my restoation project, the goal.... water tight and able too open the doors and flush it out with the hose.
so far i have found numoures problums...rusted out oil pan..
no e breaks...no rear breaks...hehe....rear drive shaft pounded out.....diff and transfer at the wrong angle for the 6" lift so the unis hit on every revolution.
and the body is very crusty.

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and another

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yet more..got lots more

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
think i need bigger tires? lol....31 dont cut it!!

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
lookin better than my power ram. Yeah your truck just screams for bigger tires.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
you can fit 32x11.50x15's under her w/o much rub at all... i did!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i love restorations! especially those documented in digital pics and posted on a website! especially THIS website! i can't wait to see what you do to her, and hope you will give us lots of pics to show your progress. she'll be great!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well a little up date....i just got the headlights working propper, seems the preivious owner had a alarm system and had cut the wires to the switch... let alone the switch was corroded real bad and the also the dimmer switch.....rplaced both those and some propper wireing and presto!!! headlights
now on to the next electrical problum, no signals in the rear..
and only one break light.

im try to get ready for the augest long weekend , i want to go camping.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok another update, sorry no pics there too large for this site, (workin on that)
ok, i have got all the elect done. floors are done, now got rear breaks too do and drivers inner fender too replase, i found my new prop tanks so thats the next bigg project. then its diffs and tranny rebuild time.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok some more news just got some history on my truck, it was a east coast runner...had been across canada 3 times!!
and was a 2 wd!!!! it has a 83 body with a 75 drive train and a
86 motor and tranny!!!.....got some new parts too go on, new prop tanks and some headman headers(50$) wat a deal!!!!
put on some new mirrors...and picked up a new inner drivers fender too go on as well, still lots of work too do.
more pics commin today.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yu got a "real" resto going there. Keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
more news slow but steady progress , just pulled out the old prop tanks, and man were they in bad shape!!!all the bracketas were rusted out, ill have too make some with my stock of 1/4" plate, going too design a skid plate for the tanks too, and got rid of that huge trailer hitch!! it weighs about 100 lbs!!!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
more news....finished the prop tank swap, went real nice!!!...
done the front left bearings and suds (warped rims)!!! dam hard job!!...next is the redo of the front rad support..and more painting too doo!!!

·
5,137 Posts
We want more pics!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya trying too get more pics up, or a link too them, well now i almost done the ignition system,msd 8.5 superconductor wires, blaster2 coil, distrib and control module on the way, 4bbl mixer is on a performer manifold. ripped out the sway bar and links, added a rancho steering dampner. put on some 32x10.5x15 bfg mudders. seats out of a grand caravan.
next on the list is pass ujoint and whell bearings, all other ujoints,front clip, then a 3" body lift.

·
Registered
11,397 Posts
next up, bigger tires? :D cant wait to see some body work too. im sure it will look very nice.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well heres a new pic.....can yo see the new stuff?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts