Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sam, what ever happened to the idea of having a review board ?? Where we can post our experiences with different tires, and other equipment. Thjis maight get some of that type stuff off the main board, and make it easier for people to find the info.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
TheRamChargerMan said:
Sam, what ever happened to the idea of having a review board ?? Where we can post our experiences with different tires, and other equipment. Thjis maight get some of that type stuff off the main board, and make it easier for people to find the info.
Hey, I like that idea...... ;D

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
I think it got lost in the shuffle of changing servers, and all the cleanup work Sam had to do since... But it does sound like a doable proposition, as long as we have prime volunteer(s) to keep it orderly... What do the rest of ya think ?

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
I am all for it Swinehart brought it up awhile ago and nothing ever came of it . Would like to see it happen . I know a Locker over view would be a good topic as well as tires and lift kits and carb comparo and ignition , intakes , headers and so on ....

bt83rc

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hey i think a review board is a GREAT idea. I'd love to know other people's experiences as i'm getting ready to redo yet another R/C.

Let me know if there is anything i can do to help out.

Lee

·
Premium Member
9,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aBrew's idea sounds fine. I would think if you set up a board or area, with an explanation message at the top. people could post their review there, or post a particular piece of equipment they are considering so others can respond to it.

The biggest problem I see, is the nomenclature to use in the title so that a search would be easy to do to find the info.

For instance, I could post ignition: Jacobs Igniton System, and then put in my comments. I think the explanation message should delineate the titll format.

IE: (all these should be the 1st word in the post)
ignition
carb
intake
tires
gauges
stereo
lockers
gears
axles

and so on

Then the 2nd word could be:
ignition: plugs
carb:Holley truck avenger

you get the idea ???

I am not sure whether this would be easier to set up than different section as before..choice is up to you.

I have noticed several posts in the main board tho asking about certain products.

·
5,137 Posts
Sounds like a hell of an idea.

·
Registered
445 Posts
RCC_SaMiaM said:
That sounds good. Who wants to handle this board?
I'd be willing to give it a shot Sam but you'll have to fill me in on what exactly you want "handled" lol.

Jess

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I can't wait to see this board blossom! I think it will give others another perspective on products and maybe help them decide on what they want to go with, know what I mean? :-\

·
Registered
445 Posts
Estwingr said:
I'd like to volunteer, if you still need someone. I'd like to help out anyway I can and I have a little past experience in the department.......I certainly don't wanna step on OrangeCrush's toes since he said he would do it first. Like I said, just wanna help any way I can.

Jeff
Hey Jeff,

Your surely not stepping on my toes...I'll still help if I'm needed...Sam could also elect two to monitor it...anything is fine with me...

Jess

·
Premium Member
24,742 Posts
dang, once again it looks like i am the proverbial day late, dollar short. i was wondring what ever happened to this idea. if jeff and jess need any help i think i could manage.

not sure that i like people commenting on other reviews. i would much rather see that people give there straight experiences. i thought this tire sucked......blah blah blah rather than some one replying to the first response and saying i disagree man. i never had any problems.

some other things discussed was eliminating the edit feature. if they screw up they could make a post explaining how it was scred up but i wouldnt wanna see people chagning there "opinions" just because of some other post.

Original Review Ideas

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Even though there are already 3 volunteers, I'll toss my hat in the ring to help out.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
i have a couple of reviews done for some products, they where for my web site but thats on the back burner right now. i have also approched some manufactures about the posibility of reviewing some products.
here's an idea for the site, we could have someone as our "in-house reviewer" and try to get some products (smaller things like gloves or yank straps etc...) from manufactures, the argument is they have "free" advertising and access to a captive audience. after the review period we could auction the stuff off as a way of making some money for ramjam or the cost of operating the site.

·
Premium Member
9,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
here's a copy of a post I made on the main board about this a wek or so ago.......

OK...back to the idea I suggested like a year ago.....

OK Sam, I will try to sit down and figure out a format for this (not for the board, but for the post---the board is your ball of wax)....and send it to you for review...maybe you can even post it on the contributor board or something.

I think there will be problems with peoples 'objective opinions", but I also know there are lots of posts on the main board with people asking about experiences with certain products.

The board will have to have a non-reply function...otherwise, we will have people replying saying that post is BS. That is not what we want. If the person thinks the post is BS, then they need to post a review of their own to let others know what they thought of it. Having someone review it prior to posting will indeed help to keep the format consistent...not edit, but review..and if there is a problem with the review submitted, that person must notify the person who submitted the review, and let them change it.

Anyways, Sam, let me know if you want me to work on this...ok ?

The idea is not to sway opinions, but to allow others to see what our experiences are with a given product, and then they can decide if they want to try it or not.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think this topic has gotten forgotten...There have been no posts by the infamous Sam in quite a while. :-\

1 - 20 of 24 Posts