Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All,

Here is one pic of my '87 RC with new tires, fresh wax job, but without my recently tinted windows. Things you can't see; new headliners, new carpeting f/r, new weatherstriping except for fixed glass and one rehabbed (i'm soooo cheap) stock am/fm/cassette radio- it needed a new drive belt for the tape player.

She is nice and plain in a small stealth way except that I live in Texas' tree hugger central city of Austin where the only thing more hated than the SUV is a land developer.

No worries
Chris

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ignore this, I'm really not this self absorbed, just trying to get a photo for my profile.

Chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Great looking truck! Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not as cool as my 75 RC, my truck kicks your's butt! Mine is 4x4, 360 and the roof is removable!
HA!
(Don't worry anyone, v737d is my brother!)

;D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well, at least he has pictures. Where are yours? ;D

Randall

·
Registered
37 Posts
Me and my truck don't show up on film!

;D

·
Registered
0 Posts
You look that bad huh? Guess I wouldn't wanna show up either. ;D

Nice lookin truck there v737d. Looks almost like mine, cept it's a little lower to the ground. Look for the thread "Dodge88's 88 R/C 4x4" on this board.

Randall

·
Registered
37 Posts
ha ha.
Actually I do have a couple pics but they are 365 KB, any idea on how I can make `em 50kb?

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Howdy,

Thanks for the kind comment guys! Yes, she does sit a bit low. Long term plans include tires and maybe wheels to better fill out the wheel wells f/r and side to side. I really don't like the way the stock wheels and tires look from the back, too narrow for the body work.

Bro, (moparmadman) at least my truck can get down the road under its own power!
Y'all should excuse moparmadman as he lives in the Puget Sound area and is waterlogged 9 months out of the year!

If you want to shrink the photos, you can crop them in a photo editor or try right clicking on it, select "export" and then set your compression level vey high and that should shrink the over all size. If all that doesn't work, rescan the photo at a lower resoulution.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Put some 20s on it with some 50 series tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Very nice rc man . Like to see 2wd's just as much and it's good looking stock rig .

bt83rc

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dodge88 said:
You look that bad huh? Guess I wouldn't wanna show up either. ;D

Nice lookin truck there v737d. Looks almost like mine, cept it's a little lower to the ground. Look for the thread "Dodge88's 88 R/C 4x4" on this board.

Randall
Howdy!

Saw your RC, Randall, very nice, even better with the mud on it! I noticed you had all of your lower body panel trim intact, any ideas on where to get the plastic bits that hold them to the body panel?

Moparmadman, hey great idea, 20" rims with 50 series tires, coming right up, oh wait I know, no $$$ why don't you send the $$$?!!! ;)

No worries

Chris

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah, you can get them at the dealer. The bad part: They come in a bag of 50. If you have a hookup at a dealer, you can get em fairly cheap. Just for info, they are $1.79/each from the dealer. The parts guy was sympathetic and liked my truck, so I got em for $.50/each ;D How many is it you're needing? I have a bunch left over somewhere, and I'd send ya some. When they repainted mine, they took off the driver side molding, before realizing they were breaking the clips. We left the pass. side on, needless to say. Just let me know how many you need and I'll let ya know how many I come up with.

Randall

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Howdy Randall!

You must have a nice dealer relationship. My parts counter wants $8.50 each!!! I have a need for four clips and one of the ones that has the nub that fits into the hole in the quarter panel. Very very nice of you to do this!

I read on the post of your truck that you were thinking of replacing your carptet? Well, I just did mine about a month ago and have written a "how to" on it. Still waiting for the pictures to come back from the store but would be happy to send you the text off line if you are interested. Also wrote up the headliner and weather stripping if you are thinking of doing those too. Just remember nice new carptet will make the rest look old!

My buddies and I (when we were still active duty AF) always were warry of "mission creep" This is where you start off just painting the living room in your house and then one day you wake up and realize you have one side of your house torn up putting in a new room! Very dangerous.

No worries

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts