Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have already been posted before, but I couldn't find it. Is there a website, or somewhere I can call, that could give me all the specs, options, and info on my 84 RC from the factory? I figured I could get that info somewhere based off the VIN#. Even if I had to pay a little to find out is fine with me.

Any help would be great!!

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
possible galen govier ???
he is mopar afficiando. decodes the 3 didgit codes.

plus you can decode engine transmission and rear simply.

its kinda pointless to call galen to ask what color your interior is, when you are closer to your truck than him or any one else ;)

·
Registered
30,099 Posts
its as easy as walking into the Dealer and handing them yer VIN # / when l worked there l ran VINs for everybody to find out color codes and options / give it a shot

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could care less about colors and options. I know I have power windows, locks, a/c, cruise, and the interior is blue.

I'm looking for stuff like :
- what kind of trans do I have
- what gears might be on it
- what transfer case do I have
- what front and rear end do I have

That kind of stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
well most of us could tell you that stuff. Since you have an 84 you have Dana 44 font axle. Chrysler 9 1/4 rear axle. NP208 transfer case. 727 tranny if automatic, NP435 if standard. More then likely your gear ratio is 3.21 in the rear. Sometimes they might have 3.55.

·
Registered
30,099 Posts
yo shanny baby calm the fork down / all the info from the dealer will tell you everything that yer truck has [just like the window sticker on a new truck] what the fork do you think options are / like trannys and gear ratio,s / everything you wanna know

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chrysler300le said:
well most of us could tell you that stuff. Since you have an 84 you have Dana 44 font axle. Chrysler 9 1/4 rear axle. NP208 transfer case. 727 tranny if automatic, NP435 if standard. More then likely your gear ratio is 3.21 in the rear. Sometimes they might have 3.55.
Thanks a lot man! That's what I was looking for.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DODGEBOYS said:
yo shanny baby calm the fork down / all the info from the dealer will tell you everything that yer truck has [just like the window sticker on a new truck] what the fork do you think options are
uuummm... yeh... ok....

I'm about the calmest person you'll ever meet.

don't fork it... spoon it!

·
Registered
30,099 Posts
slgunnel said:
I could care less about colors and options.
that seems like you were a little irritated by what you wrote / l was just tryin to give you the info you needed / and l read it as flame towards me

PEACE DUDE

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DODGEBOYS said:
slgunnel said:
I could care less about colors and options.
that seems like you were a little irritated by what you wrote / l was just tryin to give you the info you needed / and l read it as flame towards me

PEACE DUDE
That wasn't anything personal aimed at you by what I said. I know it's all considered options, but my thought at the time was options are more like radio, windows, cruise, color, door locks... that sort of stuff. I was just saying that wasn't what I was looking for.

joe,
You're right on that one - first Dodge I've ever owned, other than a NEON and I won't get into that lemon $*@$#%....

Take care guys - thanks for the help - sorry for the misunderstanding.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
while you are still looking, why not enter your VIN in the site vin decoder, it will tell you alot about your truck as well.

or if oyu dont want to do that just give us the vin and we will do it for oyu

eric

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok - I'll get my vin # when I get home. where would the vin decoder be on here?

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=27583

vin doesnt say what gears you have.

it says engine, plant built at, year, body style, and serial number.

it is slightly possible to have a local dodge dealer look up that serial number and get a window sticker or build sheet but not too likely. most arent that cooperative.

so just crawl under truck and check axle if you are really curious.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
slgunnel said:
ok - I'll get my vin # when I get home. where would the vin decoder be on here?
As soon as I posted this - It kicked me out to the main forum and I saw the VIN DECODER....

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Can't you figure your diff. ratio by jacking up the rear, making one turn of the drive shaft and counting tire turns ?? - 3 1/4 turns = 3.21, 3 1/2 turns = 3.55 etc. (all the tags are missing on mine)

·
Registered
30,099 Posts
ll,ve allways done it by turning the tire and counting the driveshaft turns / that way you aint gotta get under ther vehical

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
The turning driveshaft method also depends on whether you have an open diff or a posi.

Open diff:
Jack one tire off ground.
Make a reference mark on the tire and the driveshaft.
Turn tire TWO revolutions.
# driveshaft turns = gear ratio.

Posi:
Jack both rear tires off ground.
Make reference mark on tire and driveshaft.
Turn both tires ONE revolution (they should both turn when you turn one wheel)
# driveshaft revolutions = gear ratio.

Remember to block the front tires. And, of course, the tranny needs to be in neutral.

-SM

1 - 20 of 24 Posts