Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be permanently removing the SE trim on my 79 RC.  Do the side body trim pieces and moldings just snap off/slide off retaining clips on the body.  Trying to not damage the moldings and trim pieces as I remove them.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
its been awhile  scense i took any off but  if i rember correctly  i think the small ones just kinda slide off  not sure bout the big bottem ones tho

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
Slow and steady is the case, I pried mine off very easily with minimum pressure.  I would attempt using a putty knife or something with a very broad base on it.  Don't put too much pressure on the body panels or you will indent the paint/gouge it.  Also the ends of the top trim may have nuts on the backside sheet metal, that is how the 80's trucks are.  Easy to see on the doors near the door jams.  The bottom should also have a nut holding them on in select places.  Usually only one per piece if that.  Again I am going off the 80's panels, so 70's may be different. 

Also you interested in selling the trim off the back of the tailgate?  I am in search of the bottom pieces on tailgate.  Let me know and best of luck. 

·
Registered
1975 W100 Power Wagon Adventurer Sport 318 727 NP203 3.55
221 Posts
What Ive seen of mine theres nuts on the back of the clips holding it on. removal means holes in sheetmetal. x2 on letting us know if selling I'm missing driver door forward.

·
Registered
1977 D100 Utiline, 2020 PowerWagon
4 Posts
For the lower ones you should be able to push down on the top and rock the bottom out for the long pieces. The shorter ones are bolted on. Once you remove the longer ones there will be a plastic clip on a couple of studs. The clips will pop off but the studs will have to be cut off. Attached it what the plastic clips look like. They break fairly easy.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
The upper trim is held on by plastic clips that are nearly identical to vinyl top trim clips. Ya can just about pop them off with your bare hands. The pieces on the fender have a threaded stud that goes through with a nut on the inside - it's an inch or two from the front. The pieces on the door have one too and its on latch side of the door. Rear pieces are just clips, no stud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.