Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 84 RC with a 318, I want to remove the backseat, but where the seat "levers" are it seems to be riveted in, anyone ever done this or know how to do it without ruining those rivets so I can put it back in later if I want to? thanks
-chris
orlando, fl
???

·
Registered
30,032 Posts
the seat should flip up and fold over on its self / then take out the bolts holding to floor and yer done

·
Registered
647 Posts
I was digging through my FSM and it said something about the nuts to those bolts being on the bottom of the truck out of the cab. I guess you have to look under the truck and in the general area of the seat and see if they are down there. I am going to soon, along with other projects on bluebeast, do the body mounts. This is going to entail taking out all in side guts and the carpet, was looking in the book and that is what it said. Hope it helps, let me know Birk

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
If you don't need the floor perfectly flat, I just knocked out the hinge pins, drilled the holes out to 5/16", and replaced them with Clevis and hairpins. That way, I just yank the pins and the seat comes right out. Only problem with that though is the bottom hinge plate sticks up. If I'm hauling stuff that can get damaged, I just stick a chunk of styrofoam or foam rubber (whatever I have) over each one.

Matt {peace}

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TaZMaNiaK said:
If you don't need the floor perfectly flat, I just knocked out the hinge pins, drilled the holes out to 5/16", and replaced them with Clevis and hairpins. That way, I just yank the pins and the seat comes right out. Only problem with that though is the bottom hinge plate sticks up. If I'm hauling stuff that can get damaged, I just stick a chunk of styrofoam or foam rubber (whatever I have) over each one.

Matt {peace}
thanks that is good info

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bluebeast said:
I was digging through my FSM and it said something about the nuts to those bolts being on the bottom of the truck out of the cab. I guess you have to look under the truck and in the general area of the seat and see if they are down there. I am going to soon, along with other projects on bluebeast, do the body mounts. This is going to entail taking out all in side guts and the carpet, was looking in the book and that is what it said. Hope it helps, let me know Birk
great! I will check it out thanks.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Nuts are on the bottom. Bolt is attached to the seat frame. Undo the two nuts yank the seat and store away. It'll leave you with two holes.

If you replace this with anything make sure its sturdy (grade 5 or 8 and in double shear) cause you dont want back seat passengers or seats being thrown at you in an accident.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
there are two nuts on the underside of the truck, in front of the rear tire. they are what holds the seat in place. they're 9/16 and really easy to get to once you know where they are. sit on the ground next to your rear tire, reach underneath the truck and slightly forward, they're hard to miss. i can take pics if need be.

I can pull my seat in less than 3 minutes if I'm in a hurry. install takes about 5 if by myself.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DDGRC84 said:
there are two nuts on the underside of the truck, in front of the rear tire. they are what holds the seat in place. they're 9/16 and really easy to get to once you know where they are. sit on the ground next to your rear tire, reach underneath the truck and slightly forward, they're hard to miss. i can take pics if need be.

I can pull my seat in less than 3 minutes if I'm in a hurry. install takes about 5 if by myself.
thanks that should solve it, I really appreciate it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts