Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to remove the rear bumpstops do you just have to remove the nut on top and pull them off ??? or is there something else holding them???

G

·
Shouldn't be anything else but rust holding them on. If you decide to whack em with a hammer, be careful. You'll find out the meaning of rebound.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
lol...yeah, careful jimbo

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
why are you taking them off?

G

·
PrimerGrey said:
Shouldn't be anything else but rust holding them on. If you decide to whack em with a hammer, be careful. You'll find out the meaning of rebound.
Personal experience? ;D

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Just whack the stud from the top to loosen it up.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my one totally fell off, so i ordered some new ones from jegs.

G

·
gmule said:
PrimerGrey said:
Personal experience? ;D
Yep, aiming for a rusty tailpipe and caught the bumpstop. Left a little ding in my forehead. :-[

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
LOL. that sucks

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just wanted to say that its done. the one came out very easily, the other i had to cut the bolt from the bottum. just wanted to say thanks to mopar 4x for giving the part numbers of the ones he used.

·
29,380 Posts
By the looks of it, you have 2-4" lift springs on there...... I hate to say it, but I'm willing to bet that your tires rub the inner fender long before your bumpstops do anything.
I have 2" lift springs which eliminate the factory block (which it apears like yours do to), this puts the spring a long ways from the bumpstops. I calculated how much lower the bump stop needed to be, then I removed the factory bump stop mount and made a plate out of 3/8 steel to the proper length. I mounted this to the frame then remounted the factory mount on this plate in a lower position.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
id have to agree with him, you'll rub before you hit them. but its a pretty easy fix it sounds like

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i ran the stocks ones with my lift kit for over a year and didn't have a problem, so these ones should be fine. besides the only offroading around here is mud.

·
29,380 Posts
jimbo said:
i ran the stocks ones with my lift kit for over a year and didn't have a problem, so these ones should be fine. besides the only offroading around here is mud.
Yeah, you probably won't have a "problem", but if you want the bumpstops to actually work as bumpstops, then you'd have to lower them.

G

·
KThaxton said:
Yeah, you probably won't have a "problem", but if you want the bumpstops to actually work as bumpstops, then you'd have to lower them.
Wud ya be havin photographs o' yer modufolated bumpstops now, laddy?

·
29,380 Posts
PrimerGrey said:
KThaxton said:
Danny, are you wearing a kilt?
I can get a picture up on Monday when I go back to work.......cuz I dooon't be havin a digital camra of ma oooown laddy.

G

·
Danny, are you wearing a kilt?
I can get a picture up on Monday when I go back to work.......cuz I dooon't be havin a digital camra of ma oooown laddy.
How did you know it was me? I disquised my voice. You sounded just like Sean Connery ;D

·
29,380 Posts
Sorry Danny, It is supposed to be my week to drive (I carpool) but somebody else needed to drive. Soooooo, I don't have my RC at work today. But, if I remember to grab the camera before I leave, I can post the pictures tonight.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts