Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about removing the body on my RC so I can paint and rust protect my perfect Arizona frame before taking it on Maine roads.I have a 2 post lift in my shop so that part is EZ.My question is should I keep it all in one piece or take the front clip off first? I really want to keep it all in 1 piece, but don't want it to get all tweeked. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Front end should come off.  Too much leverage on the sheetmetal  at the upper dogleg

You're not really gonna drive that thing in Maine in the winter are you?  Cause if you are it doesnt matter what you do, its gonna rust. 

If you just wanna make it look nice, I strongly recommend the strip/blast/epoxy primer/topcoat/paraffin protocol. 

·
Administrator
62,302 Posts
I have done several RC, and truck body swaps. The first time, I pulled the front clip, but every other one after, I left it all assembled. That was doing it the ******* way, using two engine hoists, chains, aluminum bars, and a wing and a prayer. With a two pole lift, I would not even give it a second thought, leave it together.

Double check, some have a ground strap at the rear of the engine, some don't. And the throttle linkage, are the two main things I forget until the lift has begun.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
trans cross shaft

·
Administrator
62,302 Posts
dodge82273 said:
trans cross shaft
Yep, that one too. Its one of those rights of passage, until you can do it without forgetting something, you are still a newbee.

Thats me, a newbee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.