Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 1983 ramcharger and I want to know it anyone knows what it would take to do a removable top conversion where it still has the hard top that came on it just cut off and able to be put on and taken off

·
Administrator
62,312 Posts
Sell it, and get a 70's RC.

Seriously, its lots of work. I do not recall any one that has started such a project, ever finish. There has been many that have removed the top, and rigged up a soft top.

MadMax has a post on here on making the rear windows removable, or there is others who have replaced the rear windows with plastic snap on windows.

Think hard before you start cutting, chances are you will not finish.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
MadMax also did the removable roof thing with his CrewCab build, which is similar to what one would have to do with an '80s model hard top as far as grafting on the windshield frame and front of a poptop roof.  I think in the long run, it would probably be easier to swap 1/4 panels on a poptop if one really wanted a '80s bodystyle with a removable roof.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I wonder if you could take a bad removable top and cut and weld it so you could put it on a standard cab pickup? 

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
To make a convertible regular cab?  It's very possible, basically similar to MadMax's CrewCab roof removal, with two fewer doors.  If it's worth all the work is debatable.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I'd rather cut a couple feet out of the middle of a pickup to have a topless rig. Drive that one in the summer, and the regular RC in the winter.  8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.