Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at mounting a Holley red pump and a remote fuel filter (oil filter type screw-on fuel filter) on my 82 crew cab and my sons 76 W200.  I know that the electric fuel pumps are pushers and needed to be mounted near the tanks.  I planned on mounting on the outside of the frame on the driver side for ease of maintenance and installation.  I also know that I need a fuel pressure safety switch installed too.  Someone tell me if I'm crazy or my idea will work.

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
Questions would be:

1. why? (when a properly working system works fine)

2. what are you using to shut it off in case of a crash/rollover, etc?

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#1. I like the ease of the electric pump and canister filter over the factory cartridge filter. I had a mechanical pump leak gas into the crank case on a 318 causing me to have e to drop a new engine in.

#2.  The fuel pressure safety switch I listed in my post will shut off the pump in the event of oil pressure loss

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
RAMMAN4 said:
#1. I like the ease of the electric pump and canister filter over the factory cartridge filter. I had a mechanical pump leak gas into the crank case on a 318 causing me to have e to drop a new engine in.

#2. The fuel pressure safety switch I listed in my post will shut off the pump in the event of oil pressure loss
1. I don't see a problem with this; just make sure it's mounted safely (won't catch something you're riding over)

2. I somehow overlooked that. That's a good plan.

3. You might want to add a rubber insulator between the frame and pump bracket to reduce noise/vibration.

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts
Most of the trucks have the fuel lines run on the passenger side frame. Likely a lot simpler to mount it there.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SuperBurban said:
Most of the trucks have the fuel lines run on the passenger side frame. Likely a lot simpler to mount it there.
Even though the tank is mounted on the driver side?

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ToxicDoc said:
3. You might want to add a rubber insulator between the frame and pump bracket to reduce noise/vibration.
Good idea

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts
RAMMAN4 said:
Even though the tank is mounted on the driver side?
Yes. These pics you can see the lines for 77 dual tanks. The single tanks ran similar. 80's had them a wee bit different, but close.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weird. I'll have to adjust accordingly then

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.