Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
26,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to figure out the regions before we start anouncing anything.

I think North, South, East, West and Central are too broad.

My Idea of a region is an area that is large enough to have quite a few members, but small enough that there is no problem for members on the far corners of the region having a weekend get together or event.

For instance, North TX and OK could be a region.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Since this would be the area that i would be in i would say that Florida,Alabama,and Georgia be a region it could expand a little bit to accept other states to help with other regions....Maybe getting into Tenn.and the Carolinas... I think this would be acceptable region and everybody would be within 1 days drive......... Jason

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was talking a 1 day drive for me.So that wouldnt effect the other people in the other states i just live so far south....Just leave it at Georgia,Alabama,and Florida that would work well for everybody in those areas.There are lots of areas between these states for trail rides and not such a vast area that we all couldnt drive it reasonbly..to each others stomping grounds...I just added the other states just to get the idea out there......I just wish i knew of the # of members in these ares...I dont recall seeing any members in the Alabama and Georgia area I know there are a few in Florida............Let me know Sam I'll do what i can..... Jason

G

·
Most of the western states can field 20 to 30 members already. They are also larger states which means a longer drive for members for get-togethers. Trying to do a weekend get-together, fund raiser or charity event would result in fewer members showing up because of the distances involved. It would mean the same people (the ones in the same state, with the shortest drives) would be the only ones showing up time after time. Why not just break it down by state. With the less populated states members joining their nearest states chapters until they are able to start up their own chapter. Would help quarantee participation. My opinion

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'm thinking Virginia, WV, Maryland, and Outer Banks area of NC.

Maybe we should make regions and then let the people choose the region they want to be in. Just make sure we cover everyone. That way if they feel they are closer to one region than another they can do to that one (ie people in upper north WV might want to go to the PA, NY area)

Mike

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Sounds good....

Mike

·
Registered
452 Posts
Great Lakes (Sort of)Region - Perhaps Minnesota, UP, Wisconsin, ILL, Iowa (maybe). I'm not about Michigan itself. I know there is more than a few members there. Pain in the butt driving around the south end of Lake michigan either direction. I dunno about anyone else, but I dont think I'd like to drive through Chi-town and the like for day of wheeling. The ferry is a pain in the butt as well. Then again, member count and location might dictate all the regions as well. Plus, some areas dont have decent acess for an event. Maybe a map showing member locations? I know im getting fancy here but maybe a general location on a map with a number of members might help with regions.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Concerning my area, I'd say Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, And Wisconsin would make a region. I can head up this area if nobody else volunteers but think that somebody with some more freetime would be a better choice but I'd love to help whereever I can.
TOJAZ

·
Registered
690 Posts
We were looking at a map and thinking that Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey could be one region... If you (Sam) had a different way to break it up then we are open to suggestions.... And maybe possibly Ohio... It only takes about 4 hoursto get from here to Ohio, and about 3 + hours to get to New York, and about 3 + hours to get to New Jersey from where we live in PA....

Brian

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey TOJAZ, You want to work it together?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Bose hit on a good area....can be called something like the Mid Atlantic Region. Heck everything out here already is classified that.

·
Administrator
26,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is proving to be very difficult. How about we just make North, South, East, West, Central, North West, North East, South West and South East chapters? Basically take a pic of the US and divide it into these sections?

·
Administrator
26,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How about this idea? It isn't perfect, and we would have to make some exeptions. Of coarse those that lived near the borders of two chapters could participate in either or both of the chapters. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Sounds and looks good Sam

Mike

·
Super Moderator
8,516 Posts
In reality, it depends on how far the members of the chapters are willing to travel. I personally think the areas should be some-what centered on the chapter heads (I know, easier said than done). The reason is, the chapter head is likely to be the one organizing the local events. Usually, these will events won't be to far from the coordinator because a knowledge of the area is required.

Dividing by states isn't easy either. Take Idaho for example, the western, Boise area would probably travel to an Oregon event, the panhandle area might prefer a western Montana event. And the Southeast members may prefer a northern Utah or western Wyoming event. My point is, maybe we should only pick a Chapter center, then let the members decide which they would rather attend.

The quick map divisions that you posted Sam are kind-of awkward in some spots, it creates a tiny chapter in the south west at the border, and divides Alaska. Also, if I am to be a chapter head, it places me on the border of 2 chapters. I could hardly assist in the organization of an event for most southern Cali. members, or northern Montana.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The S.E looks good to me Sam..I have been out of town for about a week and have not kept up with the board has anybody volunteered for this area??I'm not sure i can since i live so far south if you need me too i will,but would rather help with somebody who is more central in this section......Let me know what you need ... Jason

1 - 20 of 35 Posts