·
Registered
1,206 Posts
WOW! JUST WOW!!!

·
Premium Member
1978 W200
145 Posts
Yeah, one of those got me by Chicago a few years ago. Only time I ever blew a red light, and they got me.

By the title of the article, I thought it was going to be about people getting robbed when they stopped for red lights. I know that in one stretch by Ford Heights/Chicago Heights no one stops for red lights past a certain time of night. It's not enforced due to how may stick ups there are when people stop.

Anyway, there's a lot of reasons why I live in the country now. :D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've been nailed twice in the same intersection for making a right turn on a red. The first one I deserved, as the law is written anyway. GRRR. The second one was so petty a got it thrown out.

·
Registered
'79 Dodge Power Wagon Macho
3,917 Posts
Yep. Police state. I remember when they used to park Chevy Astro vans on the side of the road with unmanned cameras in them trying to catch "speeders". My buddies would fly by the cameras once in a while with their rear license plates flipped down and never got tickets! Lol. More proof that it's not about safety, it's about money and control.

·
Registered
301 Posts
near my home, there’s 4 of them back to back on each intersection. we call them the “poor mans camera”. I live in the same state as biden and there’s none of them near him.

the 6th amendment says you have the right to confrontation of witnesses when you are given charges. how can I confront a camera since they are the only witness?

·
Administrator
60,205 Posts
This guy has a great youtube channel that covers legal issues. here is a great one on red light tickets, he has a ton more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts