1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unbelievable, but true

CNN Coverage

Fox News Coverage

I wouldn't give a penny to the Red Cross since there handling of donations for 911 victims. This just adds to the organization's poor standing.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
That just ain't right!  :mad:

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Humanitarian rights may be the only way to win the war.

Bloodshed will not do it. They have been killing each other for years. May be the only common ground and only way to broker some kind of peace.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Still buying into the corporate/government-controlled mainstream media I see, Brad.  ::)

U.S. military personnel also provide medical aid and comfort to enemy casualties.  Anyway, we helped build up the Taliban back when Bin Laden was our buddy-buddy, remember?

Of course, I certainly won't argue with you about the Red Cross.  ;D

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Not so much comfort... We are required to treat injuries. Did we really build the Taliban... no

Taliban came into power after we left a power vacuum and someone saw the oppurtunity to take charge. We fostered an environment that allowed them to succeed. We just left them a great foundation to work from.

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
willy J said:
Humanitarian rights may be the only way to win the war.

Bloodshed will not do it. They have been killing each other for years. May be the only common ground and only way to broker some kind of peace.
"winning the hearts and minds of the people".....simple propaganda concept that may be utilized to ones own advantage.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
I can't recall the "hearts and minds" thing ever working.  However history has proven that if you eliminate your enemy down to the last man, woman and child, they don't come back and attack you later.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
willy J said:
Not so much comfort... We are required to treat injuries. Did we really build the Taliban... no

Taliban came into power after we left a power vacuum and someone saw the oppurtunity to take charge. We fostered an environment that allowed them to succeed. We just left them a great foundation to work from.
Technically... ;)

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Elwenil said:
I can't recall the "hearts and minds" thing ever working. However history has proven that if you eliminate your enemy down to the last man, woman and child, they don't come back and attack you later.
When has that EVER worked in guerilla warfare? More just keep on coming.

In the end, european style fighting has always ended in some kind of diplomatic treaty between 2 parties who had little boots on ground experience during the battle.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
KThaxton said:
It was all part of "the plan" right Pete?
No Kendall, just a mere coincidence, much like both Iraq and Iran. ;D

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
"winning the hearts and minds of the people".....simple propaganda concept that may be utilized to ones own advantage.
Not really. That was not my intent to say anything like that at all.

After a while no matter how great the idealogy is. Everyone around you dying, marked for death or wanted dead is gonna sink in. One day someone is going to take charge and say enough is enough. At least there will be someone who built a repetoir with the agressors and can speak with the opposition. That day will come.

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
willy J said:
Not really. That was not my intent to say anything like that at all.

After a while no matter how great the idealogy is. Everyone around you dying, marked for death or wanted dead is gonna sink in. One day someone is going to take charge and say enough is enough. At least there will be someone who built a repetoir with the agressors and can speak with the opposition. That day will come.
I'm only pointing out it is harder for recruits to sympathize with opposition (taliban) forces when they are getting coalition aide.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Naw... I dont buy that. They take the aid cuz they take whatever they can get. They are in survival mode.

·
Registered
423 Posts
they will still fight after we are gone religous wars that have been fought for centuries between diffrent secs of same religon never get resolved.in the USA we have disagreements not wars.not to mention the country is not modernized except for the dictators palaces.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts