Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trump/Grahm 2020...

I've heard of Graham over the years,  but recently he's really been outspoken.  I like it.

I'm hoping he's more native American than Pocahontas. 

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
I recommend Trump stop using the tweet stuff .

I wonder if when the first presidents to use radio broadcasts were also mis understood . That is outta hand today.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I do agree that Donald Trump should tweet less but he found out very early that the Fake News Media wouldn't report what he said or so distorted his comments. The social media was one of the only forums he could have his words displayed.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
that's funny right there , I myself have never seen "social media "or this tweeting stuff ,  BUT iffin I saw a whole speech say on TV , then I KNOW what was said .... no fakin it .... even a fireside chat on the radio ... but I reckon today any of it can be ... changed .... clipped ... edited ... photshopped .... whatever .

·
Registered
818 Posts
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/10/19/joe-scarborough-donald-trump-wont-run-reelection-2020

Some people are just plain stupid, don't they understand reality yet?

Why would Donald Trump use his own money to become the Republican Nominee for President if he didn't want to win?

The answer is he is beholden to nobody, that is he hasn't taken money from lobbyists who would want him to do as he was told by them (the swamp rats).

Donald has been a winner most of his adult business life based on his gut feelings and hard work, something the democraps know nothing about.

President Trump also is working on his re-election for 2020, he even registered a name shortly after being elected continuing on with the MAGA theme.

These 2 morning show hosts used to call themselves Republicans Joe even trying to become a nominee but failed miserably like his morning show with his girlfriend.

As to dodge82273's comments, if the once 'mainstream media' didn't cut, twist, distort or plain ignore what the President said then President Trump might not have to tweet as often. I myself do not go near twitter, facebook at all but do see the clips of President Trumps writings on the many news services.

President Trump is right when he says they are "Fake News" when they only report negative items like what Melania was wearing 'heels' when boarding Air Force 2 but not that she changed into sneakers once at the destination, this is only a minor thing but each day they struggle to denigrate the President bringing relief to all Americans.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
I follow President Trump on Twitter, though I only check Twitter a couple times a month unless something is going on that I want to keep a close eye on.  I will say there is some truth to him getting his message out on his own terms without the media meddling with it, but he also liked Twitter long before he was elected.  In the end, it's not important why he wants to use Twitter, just that he does and we do, like it or not, get information "straight from the horse's mouth", so to speak.  The President always had an ego and has always spoke his mind, which I personally find refreshing in these days of PC nonsense and people just repeating the same noise all the talking heads have been for decades.  Yes, the POTUS is a bit coarse and yes he does tent to rile people up, but that is a good thing to me.  Anything that annoys the Left is something I want to see lots more of.  ;D

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
so what is being said if I read this correctly , is that tweeting IS main stream media now , that tv / radio  has been replaced by it and we must all follow , either directly or indirectly twits or twitter whatever ? how many times have YOU gotten written messages , e mails or letters , or twits , and the message was mistaken because you assumed something ? when a live radio / tv show gives you the ability to SEE and or hear the voice tones , and body language so there is NO mistaking what the words ment ? the acceptance ,(hell , the promotion of  ) by citizens in the use of such communication as twits are , in FACT promoting cheating themselves out of better clearer information . BUT like saying me tooers are wrong I'll get shit over this because well ,  EVERY ONE "SHOULD" use todays techniques like tweetter  or their a dumb old fart ...  like me .    Popeye is still my hero ... he tells it like it is , am's what he am's .and that's all's what he am's  sometimes reaches the all's he kin's stands point too ...      lol .............      iffin the picture things above were ment for me , sorry , but it went over my head ....  {think}

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
No, social media isn't replacing anything, it's just another form of communication.  Basically, it's electronic gossip.  But there is no mistaking that the mainstream media outlets like CNN and MSNBC are against President Trump and will do whatever they can to twist good news into bad news to make him look bad.  So no matter what was said or done, they will spin it to have a certain connotation that suits their agenda.  The "free press" isn't free anymore, it is tightly controlled and scripted.  It no longer reports the news without bias and way too many opinions are reported as "facts".  So no, the ability to see and hear the individual is no longer enough to get their message as it will be carefully edited, with headlines and commentary to skew the whole report to a certain way of thinking.

At the end of the day, social media is nothing more than a tool.  It can be used or abused like any other.  These days it is full of "fake news", propaganda, rabble rousing and pretty much every viewpoint known to man.  Taken as a whole, it's a bit like trying to find a real story in an issue of the National Enquirer.  But you do get to hear what a person says, straight from them, like a press release that isn't entrusted to the newspapers and TV studios to be brought to you. It's useful to a point and now becoming more relevant than ever as more and more people do not trust the major news outlets.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
you missed my message , written words Do Not have the same ability to convey attitude,meaning , etc as do TV
( body language , and voice tones ) and radio ( voice tones ) these things are an important ADDITION to reported or typed word , that by using tweet the public has LOST ...

those are good tools for good communication  , but thanks for educatin an old fart .

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
I agree that seeing and hearing someone is best and that written text is hard to tell things like sarcasm and other nuances.  But when everything is carefully edited to not show you those things, or to show contempt or a jest at the wrong time due to taking a portion out of context, it's completely lost.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
some of the older pres's usta use radio speeches and later tv speeches , so what I'm talking about is NOT reporting by reporters who use lies by omission , I'm talking about the same thing as the pres tweeting , BUT with his voice/body language added  , Ronnie did tv fireside chats ,(borrowed from fdr's original radio show ) Nixon loved TV speeches , WE got to see / hear them not just read what they wrote ( maybe) .. I'm pretty sure the pres could / can ask for "time" on both radio and TV and get it , IF he did it that way WE could ALL see/hear what they actually ment , not just read it or hear a reporter RE- tell it  his/her way ... better for all involved .... just sayin .... now if some one could tell the big mouth fool that ...... maybe he'd have less arguments , or fewer "possibility" of being misconstrued , or more folks who STOP believing everything a reported said as true ... maybe ...

·
Registered
818 Posts
I go back many years myself and that is why I refuse to use twitter or facebook.

Elwenill I think was trying to say what I have been trying to convey also but has gone over some peoples head (I'm being kind), that is if the Fake News Networks even mention some of the things President Trump does they either highly edit, ignore plus quite often some Media Station Hack does a voice-over the clip if it is aired so watching is really a waste of time.

MSNBC, CNN are very good at totally ignoring the President especially his major accomplishments, even obuma now is trying take credit for some of President Trumps achievements, and that is after he told America that the 'Flat Line Economy' was the new norm for America. Flat Line means the patient is dead but Donald Trump believed in America and Americans and has through his business experience kick started the economy.

obuma was lazy and the only thing he was good for was his smoooth talking, we called that type of person a 'Sleaze Bag' back in my day.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
yes , I referred to some of the news reporting a lieing by omission , its telling Part of the story , ( a shortened clip of him saying something ) , it can/does change a meaning 180 .. yes that is reporting , and I know the games are real bad , what he should do is use the national tv and or radio , to make speeches , where he could comment on anything , rather than places like twitter with only written word , that is by you/our admission , not even seen by many people , so all we see is reporting , distorting ..... its down right silly because both "sides" do it so none of it is worth a tinkers dam .... why its vertiual ( almost ?) reality ..... ! LOL thanks , enough fer me ... 

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think it would be a great idea if all the media outlets would agree but they are usually reluctant to give 'On Air Time' to anybody especially President Trump as they couldn't then control what or how he said something.

I think that usually only the State of the Union Address is given complete coverage by all networks, even if the government were to pay for the time on air they would refuse because they would claim it is purely political and then the democraps would demand an equal time free.

Your idea is sound but I doubt in the present political climate that it could ever happen.

·
Administrator
62,314 Posts
Trump is no dummy. He knows that when he tweets something a bit controversial,, it will get broadcast by the main stream media pretty quick. If he did weekly tv speeches, no one would watch, after the first few. People have been trained to want news bits now, not every Wednesday night.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
agreed , the computer age has folks missing stuff , sadly its stuff they do not even know about .  AIR time ? yeah there oughtta be some wave lenght that's public , so all but election speeches ? would be O.K. for free , or he could pay for the time . But who has the time to listen / watch anymore ?  :'(

yeah he is tryin to be an " up to date " leader , but using nothing but twits leaves alot  for main stream media to distort or worse , while he's thinkin its there and everyone personally sees it . but its only written word and open opinion/interpretation  sad , very sad .  seems folks were POed when Nixon got his pardon , but that settled down real fast , and we went on with business.... there was a BIG important news bit right there .. we moved on though. 

·
Registered
818 Posts
dodge82273 said:
agreed , the computer age has folks missing stuff , sadly its stuff they do not even know about . AIR time ? yeah there oughtta be some wave lenght that's public , so all but election speeches ? would be O.K. for free , or he could pay for the time . But who has the time to listen / watch anymore?
You say he should stop tweeting but then infer you don't have the time to stop and watch news clips, so Donald Trumps tweets, they are short and too the point and you can view them when convenient, the basic message is conveyed this way directly.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
um sorry if you read where I inferred about MY not having time to read news clips , but there is a perfect example of written words lacking voice tone etc , I was talking about todays very busy young folks , not having time to watch like family's did when they gathered around the radio for a fireside chat ... "who" has the time ..anymore , you'd of heard my voice tones ,  but you could not be expected to "hear" that in this form of tweetin huh ? so the message was lost / misconstrued . 

besides news clips are REPORTS , done by 2nd party's ,    "clipped "  at the very least ,  part of the story , can and does change the meaning's of a story entirely . " lie by omission " is what its called . Again I recommend seeing / hearing directly from a source using older technology like tv / radio , rather than reported clips of knee jerk written word . And you say you refuse to "use" them ...so how do you read them when convenient iffin ya ain't usein 'em ?are ya reading REPORTS ? more lies ?  LOL  I have never seen one , never logged on or whatever , wouldn't know how , don't care to find out , and I know there's a alot of folks who feel the same way I'd tune in/listen  or sit and watch tho , its simply got more for me to judge accurately ...  ;D       

·
Registered
818 Posts
This is going to go on and on I feel......

I have seen some of the tweets in the news clips I watch and do not have any problems reading them, OK.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.