Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rearview mirror was in the center console when I bought the RC, it's in bad shape as well. I just ordered a replacement, is there a template or some measurements on where it mounts? I'm assuming in the middle, but can someone post how many inches down your mirror is mounted from the top of the windshield?

I'd like to get it in the stock location if possible.

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
31,930 Posts
really it's preference , but l put them anywhere from 2 to 3 inches down

had a "short" lady , she could barely see over the dash , we mounted it in the middle of the windshield , it looked stupid but she loved it

·
Registered
1975 W100 Power Wagon Adventurer Sport 318 727 NP203 3.55
227 Posts
Yours is a 70s model so it may match mine with the mirror mounted on the thing between the visors rather than on the windshield

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yours is a 70s model so it may match mine with the mirror mounted on the thing between the visors rather than on the windshield
I didn't realize that. I'll have to do some searching for better pics.

Thank you.

Edit: Tons of pics out there, but it sees like most show it mounted to the windshield. Lots of pics don't have a mirror though.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
172 Posts
Reactions: jcm3

·
Registered
227 Posts
Interesting. Looks like the deal between the visors on yours is different as well. I'll get a picture later but mine has the socket side of a ball and socket joint in it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
In my '76 , the visors go in the sides, and the mirror hangs down from that same bracket.Sounds like yours. Remember these tops are removable and the mirror would have to stay with the windshield.:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wonder if the mirror in the early ramchargers are the same as my '78 or like the' 76? the visors have to stay with the windshield also . so forget about that last comment and the top removal:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hood Automotive lighting Wood Automotive exterior Bumper

Surveillance camera Line Gas Wood Fixture
please accept 2 terrible pictures of mine. The mirror head is not factory but the stick it bolts to either is or came with the truck under the seat with a broken mirror attached and a Chinese mirror on the windshield.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes that one is like my '76.The pictures aren't bad lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts