Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a rear hatch off of a 93 to replace the factory one that was falling apart.  It has the defroster on it, but the ends are falling apart where the wires plug in.  Does anyone make replacement defrosters for the rear windows?  Or would I just have to replace the rear window all together?

G

·
are you talking about the cloth (with a metal strip in it) hoses?

cause you can buy those just about anywhere (i would think)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gate that I have now, the defroster on it is like what's on any newer car.  It's kinda like a film that's put on the rear window with wires running from one side to the other.  A positive wire connects to one side, and the ground hooks to the other side.
  The problem with it, is where the wires connect to the film, the connections have come off the film.  I might be able to solder the connections back on.  But if that doesn't work, I was wondering if I could just get new defroster film.  Or if a replacement window was available if all else fails.

G

·
Did you try the stealership??

I just tryed O'Reilly's and Autozone, and i just got an Anit Fog Gel....  ???

theres also dodgeconnection.com, and mopartruckparts.com, did you try them

·
29,530 Posts
I've seen repair kits in stores before, but I think they were just to repair a section of broken film, not sure if there was anything to address the connection of the film and wire. It would be worth asking at a good parts store.

·
Registered
29,328 Posts
l,d put the glass from your old one in the new gate

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would call a local glass replacement business and see if they can order one for you.  They have to replace these things all the time so they should have access, I'm pretty sure they can get you glass with it or just a "glue" on.  Good luck and report back because if I can find a truck with that option, I'm taking the hatch!

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts