Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the setup... I have a 73 Club Cab that I am transplanting a complete drive train in from a 1990 D150. Currently getting the 90 dash harness installed and adapted to work with the 73 dash and components. The 90 (60,000 mile EFI 360 overdrive automatic, sure grip) did not have anti-lock brakes, but did have a sensor in the rear axle.

Here's the question... Is the little anti-lock computer (originally behind the glove box in the 90) even needed? What happens if it's not hooked up?

Here's the hope... One less thing I have to deal with finding a place to mount it is better, not near as much room under a 70's dash as there is under an 80's dash.

If anyone is interested in this swap I'm putting my progress on youtube. Latest video

·
Registered
224 Posts
I removed the modules from both of my 92's. No ill effect. One truck I removed the actual valve, the other I left it in. No difference between the two.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Without the module, you will get an ABS lamp lit though (the lamp is in the "information center"). I removed the bulb. Done!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without the module, you will get an ABS lamp lit though (the lamp is in the "information center"). I removed the bulb. Done!
Not an issue here. I'm putting this in a 73 so I'm probably going to mount the message center in the spot for the original fuse panel, or maybe if I feel super crafty maybe the ash tray (no one will ever be smoking in there anyway). I do think I need to keep the message center someplace just in case it has a message for me!

·
Administrator
62,284 Posts
The message center is really just 5 or so idiot lights. Nothing fancy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts