Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Where do you want to put the spoiler? on the top of the RC?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
use a big rig one off the cab of a long hauler....ha

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I have seen several late model station wagons that have had an air deflector that I though might work but have always wondered what happens when you have to open your hatch? You could check J.C. Whitney or junk yards for what you want!

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
prayerfeathertrans said:
I'm talking about the air deflector on the TOP OF THE BACK ! Is everybody this much help :-X
Your not going to get better info anywhere on the Net But here at RCC. But you should be more specific when asking a question. Your origional question was asking where to get an spoiler. Not an air deflector. Heck when i first read this post i had to decipher what you were talking about. Theay never came stock on RC's. Like Ram said i would look in JC Whitney's catalog.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
I'm not sure what year rig you have, but you could always search the junk yards for a factory (70's) spare tire carrier. If you have the split tailgate, then you can just drill some holes and bolt it on, but if you have the one piece fiberglass lift gate, you'll want to reinforce the gate so it doesn't crack from the added weight/stress. You could also rig up a tire carrier on your rear bumper too. Check out the Misc. Pics section, as I think there are a few posts on doing this.

As for the rear air defelctor, check out JC Whitney. Also, look in the Ramcharger Pics section for a post from RCGirrrl90 (or a name close to that). I think she has one on her truck.

Ian

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
as for the air deflector, if you find one, let me know where. I've been looking for one for about 1 year now. I checked Lund etc. and JC Whitney, neither of them did offer one for an 88, my friendly Dodge Dealer tells me, that they were not a factory option for the late 80s or early 90s.
Best guess: the ones you see are made for another vehicle and modified to fit the truck or somebody offered an air deflector some years ago...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. Ididn't know if they ever came with one on them or not. I have seen them on some on this site. Something else to hunt at junkyard.

Sorry Igot short , very knew at all this pc stuff. Also been trying to get on here for about a month! Enjoy the site and
can tell yall know your stuff! ;D

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
prayerfeathertrans said:
Thanks for the info. Ididn't know if they ever came with one on them or not. I have seen them on some on this site. Something else to hunt at junkyard.

Sorry Igot short , very knew at all this pc stuff. Also been trying to get on here for about a month! Enjoy the site and
can tell yall know your stuff! ;D
O and BTW, Welcome to RCC ;D

·
Registered
543 Posts
prayerfeathertrans said:
I would like to move the tire out of the back for more space. Also I would like to know where to buy a spoiler(I guess thats what you call it)for the rear.

Is that better ;D
Fabricating your own rear bumper w/ a swing away tire carrier is the best way to go, especially if you have your own welder. You can build a bumper that is more stout than any afttermarket bumper in a magazine. I fabbed my own and the extra space does make a difference. IM me and I can give you some details.

·
Registered
52,744 Posts
I'll get you some pics of a stock tire carrier. Oh the RC also has a rear air deflector too.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I know that the air deflectors were put on to the blazers/broncos because of the opening rear window to keep exhaust gases from being drawn in while driving.Since our windows dont open it really is not nescarry on RC's

·
Registered
52,744 Posts
Ram said:
The air deflector does keep the rear glass cleaner.
That's a fact Jack!
The weather is bad here I'll get you pics as soon as I can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts