Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dipping of my bottom rear drums in salt water boat launch sites have resulted in my having to replace all the drums and and guts for both brakes systems of the rear axle. One area that has developed rust as well is the spring plates (I think that is the correct name). It is the plates that are below the axles in which two u-bolts attach it to the leaf and the axle. it has a stud on the rear of the plate to which the bottom of the shock is afixed to. they are both beyond sandblasting. They cost $100 each at the dealer and not sure if the u-bolts are included. Anyone know a source for these? Local junk yards don't have them around here.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have a couple used ones from an 85 RC 4x4.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I do have them, just checked today :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
You could also buy a U-bolt flip kit from shaggys off road. then you wouldnt have to worry about the plates on the bottom. You would just have to weld new shock mounts to the axle. Last time I checked, you can buy the flip kit for about 100 bucks. Also, they come with new u shaped U-bolts, the dealer told me 50 bucks a bolt for the stock square U bolts.....
C.J.

·
7,995 Posts
Try NAPA for the u-bolts or ESPO. Here's the size that the parts book calls for.
# 4147955 or # 3735991...1/2-20 x 3.04 x 10.25" Long-3.00 Thd.

Now I see the same lower plate used for many years since the 70's on 1/2 ton vehicles.
# 3736400 PLATE, w/Stud Rear Spring Clip-R/H
# 3736401 PLATE, w/Stud Rear Spring Clip-L/H

Try www.espo.com for the u-bolts.:)

G

·
sandbag3 said:
Sandbag I also have w/u seek> Live in naples Fla. let me know

Dipping of my bottom rear drums in salt water boat launch sites have resulted in my having to replace all the drums and and guts for both brakes systems of the rear axle. One area that has developed rust as well is the spring plates (I think that is the correct name). It is the plates that are below the axles in which two u-bolts attach it to the leaf and the axle. it has a stud on the rear of the plate to which the bottom of the shock is afixed to. they are both beyond sandblasting. They cost $100 each at the dealer and not sure if the u-bolts are included. Anyone know a source for these? Local junk yards don't have them around here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.