Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have recently moved to Saskatchewan from Alberta and needed to get my 89' Ramcharger inspected. Everything passed except for a few holes in my rear quarter panels. The auto body places I have talked to cannot find replacement or repair panels. Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking that the shortbox panels might work with a bit of mods but am not sure.

Thanks a bunch,

Chad

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
They don't let you even have rust?? Well, I considered trying patches for the truck box as well, but ended up making them out for some galvanized sheet metal. They were just quickly roughed in so far. But I was missing the back/ bottom inches of mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I might have to do something similar. Might just cut out the rust and weld in an angle piece. It will look like crap but it will be sealed. Then I will fiberglass it later in the summer time when I have some more time.

Thanks alot and take care.

awyseguy said:
They don't let you even have rust?? Well, I considered trying patches for the truck box as well, but ended up making them out for some galvanized sheet metal. They were just quickly roughed in so far. But I was missing the back/ bottom inches of mine.

·
7,995 Posts
AlbertaRam said:
Hi Guys,

I have recently moved to Saskatchewan from Alberta and needed to get my 89' Ramcharger inspected. Everything passed except for a few holes in my rear quarter panels. The auto body places I have talked to cannot find replacement or repair panels. Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking that the shortbox panels might work with a bit of mods but am not sure.

Thanks a bunch,

Chad
Might try here...
http://www.crosscanadaparts.com/cgi-bin/crosscanada/index.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot,

I sure appreciate it. Looks like just what I am looking for.

Take care and keep truckin,

Chad

Chump said:
AlbertaRam said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks a bunch,

Chad
Might try here...
http://www.crosscanadaparts.com/cgi-bin/crosscanada/index.html

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Is teh rust in an open area? or would you have to reform the body lines?. If it's where you can get to the back side.. you may want to consider grinding off the rust.. and putting a patch in from the backside.. weld the edges.. and touch up with bondo. It will rust back.. it's not the "proper" way to fix it.. But would be easy, cheap, and get the job done. In other words.. makes it more presentable.
Aaron

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
I have a similar rust problem, at the bottom of my rear quarter panels. What I did is cut the lower panel off of a rust free p/u box and then I'll cut them to the correct size and weld them on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks alot David.

It looks like there is an outfit in Edmonton that will ship here no problem CrossCanada Parts.

Apreciate the help. Looks like I might have to change my login name now that i am in Saskatchewan.

Take care.

dbgil said:
Try Mill Supply. They carry sheet metal replacement parts for RCs. Their website is:

http://www.rustrepair.com/app2/onlinecat.htm?p=sm

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.