Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rc has always leaked a little oil out of the main seal now it’s leaking a basketball size puddle everytime I park so my question is how difficult will it be to replace that seal is it to tight to do it withouth pulling the trans?

·
Super Moderator
29,798 Posts
Burn all Haynes manuals.  They are full of errors.  Chiltons manuals are pretty good but a FSM is always the best.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
its not hard to do at all , I agree Haynes are full of wrong stuff , BUT before you go thru all the work , do this , with the oil your using in your motor , put what you think is the amount needed to make a "baseball sized puddle " OVERNITE on the floor , and check it in the A.M. .  then check the oil pressure sender , valve covers , distributor gasket/seal , and rear valley gasket for any leaks , any of them will drip from the bottom of your motor , as will the gasket between the oil filter plate and the engine block .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.