Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mine dont shut anymore....long story short...one day im at the store puttin stuff in the back..go to close the hatch and it wont shut.....so i mess with it for a while then get pissed and the only tool i had in the truck was a pair of vise grips....lmao it shuts now ..after i took a few things off the side of the hatch...but i have a gap on one side and it touches on the other side i had to put a pad lock on it to keep it locked it seems the fiberglass around the hinge gave way some to the point its not lined up right anymore...i HAVE to fix THIS hatch somehow!!! can anyone give me some advise tips or lil tricks to get this hinge fixed and lined up good enough to get the thing to lock shut without any gaps.. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
over 3/4 of the liftgates i find in the junkyards are just like that.... i got lucky after the 3rd one i'v tried.. ended up with a decent one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone....anyone.....anyone???? haha.....j/k im thinking bout tryin to put a metal strap of some kind inside the hatch and bolting that in place so the hinge can grab onto that but i dunno....... can it be done??? i let ya know lol

·
Registered
561 Posts
SPACEDOG said:
anyone....anyone.....anyone???? haha.....j/k im thinking bout tryin to put a metal strap of some kind inside the hatch and bolting that in place so the hinge can grab onto that but i dunno....... can it be done??? i let ya know lol
I've successfully repaired quite a few of these hatches successfully. Email me and I'll share what I know with you.

Dave

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks devil i just e mailed ya bout this check ya mail ;D
dave

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok im bout to go out andtry to fix the hatch ...looks to be a good day out ...can anyone help me out here with some advice or a few tips??? has anyone fixed this problem with any success??
H E L P !!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Runin' With The Devil said:
SPACEDOG said:
I've successfully repaired quite a few of these hatches successfully. Email me and I'll share what I know with you.

Dave
Wanna share the secret of hatch fixin?? might make a good how too.

·
7,995 Posts
Runin' With The Devil said:
SPACEDOG said:

Dave
If Runin' With The Devil can't help you than you might try a shop that specializes in fixing Plasta Cars(Corvettes) :eek:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HOW TO ! HOW TO! HOW TO!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts