Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got everything loaded to head to Galveston fishing, and the rear hatch would not close. WTF???? Looked at it and sure enough I'm screwed. What to do? Get another hatch somewhere....but where. Now the search really begings. Patti said find one, buy one and fix it. Primary way to work and play. Sooooooo if anyone knows where I can get one...let me know. Mike does your brother still have one? Someone else gave me a line on one. Oh yea, Ron?  Thought about trying to fix this one...tooo far gone.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
I have a photo somewhere of the one up here.  He wanted $50 bucks for it and the old one so that he could cover up the hole in the back of his storage RC.  When I get to work I will find the pic and send it to you.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Skip,

Here's photos of the rear hatch as it was sitting a month or so ago. I don't remember the one I had having the screen door pull but what the heck?

If you are interested in this, maybe I can pull it and deliver it as partial payment for a steering column...

We would have to take the old one off of your truck and cover the hole. The RC is full of Dodge transmission parts, a couple of which made it into my transmission. We would want to change the lockset also, especially if you have a key that fits yours.

Ron

---

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the door pull is an axtra added something or the other. Ron, I need it and will take it whatever it takes. I'll have mine off and ready to go. You bring it, and take the column home with you. I may even try to get it off as well. We've had lots of rain and my grass needs some goats to cut it down. lol. Hopefully the lke will have gone down in my back yard by the time you get here.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Monday is out now.  I have to do some work on my son's rent house.  Probably mostly hauling trash from the previous four Texas A&M student renters...

I'll find a way to get it done on Tuesday.  If I have trouble finding the owner (he works when he wants to) it might be Wednesday.  Nick can find him but he's working this shift starting tomorrow (one guy on vacation).

I'll also try to bring you 5 gallons of ATF.  It's not listed as Dexron but as a multi-function ATF for industrial screw compressors.  Some websites list it as also ok for Type F and others say not for Type F, but it's rated for older Chrysler and GM products and most foreign cars.  I'll get the data sheet on it.

Ron

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
one good thing is the lock set pops out really easy using a screwdriver to pull the clip off....

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats good to know. I'd like to be able to lock it again. I'm going to pull the hatch off tomorrow. I have to work Tue, Wed, and Wed. We'll make things work. Tony will be home and Patti is off wednesdays. Thanks agai Ron for all your help. Will.....may have to walk me through this lock changing thing.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey Skip i'm comeing buy your house tomorrow, goingto work out some things with the shop that has my truck. Maybe i'll catch you at home.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Want to ay thank you to Ron for his help with this. We got the hatches swapped. Man those are heavy. Now I can drive the RC again. Still have to swap out the locks but I can do that. Also we got the column out of the donor truck he needed. All in all things went good. Thanks again Ron for all your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts