Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear disc set up for a Dana 60, I bought it a couple years ago and I could never get it to work on my 89 Dodge W150, it has everything needed to swap over I think the only problem for me was I needed a new proportioning valve and I did not want to fool with it and the rear drum are working fine. I paid with shipping close to 500.00 for the complete kit and the rear calipers are e brake also. Asking $400.00 plus shipping from 42104. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
Just an FYI, if you are switching from Drums to disc in the back you will need a different proportioning valve as disks take different pressure versus drums for actuation.  If I remember correctly you need more pressure for discs than drums.  The proportioning valve reduces the pressure to the back drums preventing them from locking up before the fronts.  You should be able to just use a brake line block or balanced proportioning valve that provides equal pressure front to back. Summit has these readily available for cheap. 

Neil

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the time I had a hell of a time trying to make it work, I may try later in the year if no one wants the kit. If I do I will take your suggestion on the "Block" for the rear.  Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
I’m interested . I did not see the arms to apply the parking brakes . Do you have these arms ? I maybe over looking these in your photos . Thanks , Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.