Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I thought they were 52"?
AFAIK, 94-02 dodge leaf springs are 60". 1500 is 2.5" wide, 2500-3500 is 3" wide.

EDIT: I put the 3" variety in my W250 and they ride great.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I wonder what is the best way to make it ride softer in rear and still keep the factory ride height? Its not empty but realistically the weight in the bed is 4-500 Lbs-2 full size spares,toolbox,battery, and a cooler...

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I wonder what is the best way to make it ride softer in rear and still keep the factory ride height? Its not empty but realistically the weight in the bed is 4-500 Lbs-2 full size spares,toolbox,battery, and a cooler...
Tire pressure. 30-40# is probably enough.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Tire pressure. 30-40# is probably enough.
30 PSI is what I run highway, its trail psi is 15-20 psi, although realistically with E rated 285/75/16's on it I probally should run in the single digits on dirt.

·
Vendor
11,361 Posts
Which of your hangers do this?

I’m thinking about going this route

you use these;
Dodge rear spring front hanger to go with shackle flip | Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar (ramchargercentral.com)

& these;
Dodge rear spring shackle flip hangers | Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar (ramchargercentral.com)

& a rear spring from a pre 1987 3/4 Ton chevy suburban 4X4
You can get new ones from S D Truck springs.
Those hanger & a stock height will net 4" lift W/no block on a RC.

If you want more lift just add lift a lift spring.
Jim

·
Registered
28,509 Posts
My hangers & a stock height 56" chevy spring will net 4" lift with no block & a good ride.
Jim
jimbo should of included a link

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I just reread mopar572 post about the rough country lifted springs won’t delete the blocks. I specifically asked the guy in the phone if it would delete the blocks even the factory one and he said it would 😡😡😡😡. Ok so it looks like I’m gonna have to do a shackle flip too then. If I use these rough county lifted leaf springs and do the shackle flip will I end up level with the front?? I don’t want the South Carolina squat look.......

·
Premium Member
13,379 Posts
If I use these rough county lifted leaf springs and do the shackle flip will I end up level with the front??
honestly it's difficult to give a solid answer to that because it all depends on so many things - ya just have to get a set of springs, put 'em in, and 'see what you end up with', and adjust from there. I went through three sets of leafs before coming to the correct ones for my setup, and 4WP knew what I was doing in advance and had no problem playing 'musical leaf springs' with me until I found the correct ones - returning what didn't 'work' until I found the right set, and had no problem accepting back a set so long as they weren't damaged or such.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I just reread mopar572 post about the rough country lifted springs won’t delete the blocks. I specifically asked the guy in the phone if it would delete the blocks even the factory one and he said it would 😡😡😡😡. Ok so it looks like I’m gonna have to do a shackle flip too then. If I use these rough county lifted leaf springs and do the shackle flip will I end up level with the front?? I don’t want the South Carolina squat look.......
I said they will delete the block!

·
Registered
907 Posts
FYI for anyone reading this, rough country, skyjacker, etc most all your bigger suspension companies offer two kits. One stacks rear blocks because most people are cheap and just want a lift and dont care. The other kit includes rear springs and generally gets rid of the blocks. 4" full spring lift gets rid of ALL blocks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Sorry misread..... thanks for all the I for guys, I wish I woulda just got the more expensive lift from the get go. My truck has always had a strange look to it after I lifted the rear. I’ve done some measuring and I think the rear axle is off center by 1”, due to the blocks, I’m pretty sure these new spring will solve that problem as well!!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
The crappy part about doing the all-spring lift then is your 4" lift rides like an 8" lift.

Ford and GM figured out to mount their rear spring hangers lower on the frame so they didn't need as much for blocks.

Reactions: SuperBurban

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Skyjacker 4" lift doesnt ride bad at all. Maybe I have low expectations, though. I haven't yet owned one of these modern fu-fu glam trucks with wi-fi muffler bearings and power Fetzer valves. Wheels are centered in the wells and I didn't have to permanently modify my truck. No judgement but when looking at a truck for sale I tend to lose interest quickly when I see a Jeep with Ford engine riding on GM axles. Might be awesome but I dont like research projects when I need to replace something.

·
Registered
865 Posts
My Skyjacker 4" lift doesnt ride bad at all. Maybe I have low expectations, though. I haven't yet owned one of these modern fu-fu glam trucks with wi-fi muffler bearings and power Fetzer valves. Wheels are centered in the wells and I didn't have to permanently modify my truck. No judgement but when looking at a truck for sale I tend to lose interest quickly when I see a Jeep with Ford engine riding on GM axles. Might be awesome but I dont like research projects when I need to replace something.
I have a 74 RC SE with GM axles under it. Quite embarrassing. Thankfully I have some replacement 74 axles to go under it later. It came with 3.55 gears from the factory. Not sure what the 74 axles I have under the parts rig are. Haven't looked

·
Administrator
59,686 Posts
I would have no problem running a full floating 14 bolt rear. Fortunately I have a few D60 and D70 to use before I think about that route.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I would have no problem running a full floating 14 bolt rear. Fortunately I have a few D60 and D70 to use before I think about that route.
Not to get too far off topic, but here goes....

What needs to be changed to put a 14 bolt under a ramcharger? Just the spring perches?

A coworker of mine has a 14 rear and a D60 front with 4.88s that used to be in his lifted Blazer and he is trying to sell them both. I have no real use for them right now, but batted around picking them up for the future.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts