Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked JC Whitney, who I seemed to remember having them last year, and they do not even have the RC listed anymore on the Hellwig product info. Does any place still carry these? Can I use the same one as the Ram pickup of the correct year? I think the frame is shaped differently, but maybe it's not? Got the money, now I can't find one?,,,,Cruisin

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, so I am seeing that all the trucks use the same bar pretty much, except for the larger trucks. None of those mention the RC, so I am assuming it's the same as a 150 Ram? In that case I will get it from JC Whitney. They list the pickup, just not the RC. Thanks!,,,,Cruisin

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Is there any significant major rear-end difference between '86 & '87?? I was sourcing a rear-sway for my '87 a few months ago, and the only rear bars I could find were for '81-'86 and another site had them for '88-'93. WTF?? Was '87 one of those 'bastard child' years? Seems if a bar would fit an '86 it should fit an '87.... ???

-SM

·
Registered
810 Posts
I bought an Addco rear bar for my '89 2WD Ramcharger, and I just ordered one for a pickup. It fit OK, except I had to make sure to mount it so that it cleared a sheet metal protrusion on the floor of the Ramcharger that hangs down for no apparent reason. (It could have something to do with the exhaust)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, let me go look at mine, and see if I can see what you're talking about? Was it over the pumpkin in between the frame rails?,,,,Cruisin

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhhh, I saw them. Those are the rear seat anchors. The floor is stamped to allow room inside for them. The sheet metal over the passengers side is a heat shield, to keep that one from getting too hot inside the cab. I remember a wagon our family used to have, The chrome seat belt bolts would get pretty warm on long trips. Must not have had a shield, hehe.,,,,Cruisin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.