Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some new 6" rear springs from Skyjacker "dr60s"to replace the rear 6"lift blocks. I also built some rear shackle flip brackets to geat rid of the factory block. I used the plans in the parts section of this site. ;D My problem is the new springs are 4" too short. ??? The shackle hangs in tension ei"the shackle is parelell with the spring. Do I need longer shakles. should I reposition the shackle mount. I realize the springs are shorter due to the enhanced arch.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
So you had 10 inches of blocks in the back,
and you bought 6 inch springs
and a shackle flip was made.
The springs shouldn't be that much shorter than stock actually. A little bit maybe. They are hard to put in...Do you have access to a digi cam?

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
So long as the axle ends up in the correct location, you can relocate your shackle hangers.

Ed

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Are you sure you got the right springs?

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
When the shackle mounts are were built, the shackle pivot point should have been moved forward. The SJ DR60 rear springs are particularly short, I suppose it's required because of the deep arch.

Have you actually put any weight on the suspension? The way your shackle sit's now is bad, it's very likely that the shackle will invert (swing forward and up) and bind the rear springs. You need to move your rear shackle mount forward, probably several inches for the DR60's.

BTW, the DR60's are used in SJ 4" and 8" lifts, they're arched 8" deeper than stock springs, the factory block is reatined on the 8" lifts, and removed on the 4" lifts. The SJ DR40's are used with the 2.5" and 6" lifts, these are arched 6" deeper than the factory springs, again the factory block is kept with the 6" lift, and removed on the 2.5" lift. I know you are doing a shackle flip, I'm just pointing out that you actually have 8" springs, not 6".

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys thanks for the info. I was suspisious that they were 8" springs. My supplyer was supposed to send me 4" springs originally, I thought they were 6"spings when they arrived. I thought they would work. But 8", I don't know.
I guess I'll to move the mount forward. I'm going from 35" tires to 39.5"

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
This is news to me as well. I have these springs and someone told me after I put them in that they were in fact, 6 inch springs, and that skyjacker offers a 2 inch lift block to make these 8 inch. But my truck sits quite level, in fact the rear is a tad higher than the front.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Any of you fellas happen to have a good part # for a 4" front lift spring for a 93 W250 w/ Diesel?

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Check out Rocky Mountain

1 - 9 of 9 Posts