Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not done this on the dodge, but on my Olds but i would imagine that it is closely similar.

you have the carb and hoses and electrical connections out of the way. Look for anything else that may be in the way (water hoses and the dist if it looks like it might impede pulling the intake)

Then remove the intake to head bolts and lift the intake straight up.

clean the mating surfaces and place the new gasket in place...it should come with some sealer for around the water ports.

place the intake straight down into postion....use something (screwdriver or such) to line up 2 oppsite corner bolts.

then bolt down following the torque sequence...sorry i dont have that handy

Good luck

Pat

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
hey now, that one is pretty straight like pat said, you dont need to pull the distributor if you dont want to. you can do it pretty easy but you will have to pull at least one valve cover. i normally only remove one but is easier with both off. i also dont use the cork gaskets on the intake, i use rtv black. it works better for me, but use what your comfy with. the torque spec i show was 45ftlbs but i never used it as it is tough to get a torque wrench on some of those bolts.

goodl uck
jamie

G

·
AZ-Trailduster said:
how do i lift it up?

i dont want to stick my fingers in the carb hole
unless that wont hurt anything?
That should be fine to lift it like that. Watch for sharp edges

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
You don't have to remove the distribrutor, but it makes it easier if you do. It is also easier to remove the intake when you remove both valve covers. When you go to remove the intake you may have to pry it up to lossen it, do this on the timing chain cover. Remember to stuff some rags in the lifter gallery to collect dirt when you are scrapping off the gaskets. When you are done do an oil change ASAP because you will have some antifreeze in the oil. Oh and don't forget to remove the rags from the lifter gallery before reinstalling the intake.

·
Registered
486 Posts
i just done mine recently..also remember too drian the rad off you dont want too flood coolant into the oil. other than that it realy straight forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts