Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1978 w150 318 727
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
daryl78powerwagon said:
I checked out the derale 17120 fan from autozone for 40 bucks and it is a heavy duty fan, all steel construction. I think I might just try it out.
I picked up a gmb severe duty 22045 and a Hayden 2797 severe duty fan clutch just to see which one would fit the fan better. They both fit exactly the same way so will need to do a little hand filing. One thing I did notice is the Hayden is waaaay harder to turn than the gmb. Gmb is still stiff but not nearly as much as the Hayden. I read somewhere that guys were saying the Hayden was a little aggressive and kicks in too early. What do you go with, harder to turn or easier to turn?

·
Administrator
62,301 Posts
dodge82273 said:
watch the motor's direction of rotation , they changed from the 70's to the 80's
Thats the beauty of it, the motor direction does not matter. The bigger issue, is the mounting holes are different, and the 80's motor in a 70's body, will not fit with the single diaphragm brake booster. Tight with a dual booster.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.