Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand this Booster Thing" either !! Why, after contacting 8 major parts vendors, and about 4 obscure/regional, apparently smaller parts vendors all of whom I've never heard of. I could not find a my preferred BENDIX a AC/DELCO, or a CENTRIC.

Of the eight,....two listed them NOT in stock. Ok no problem there. A least they gave one the option of being notified whenever said part became restocked. I exersized that option. However to date.. no notification re "In Stock".

I ultimately placed orders with the remaining six vendors all showing said booster currently in stock only to have each cancel the transaction/issue a refund, re responding that the booster was not in stock. Oddly enough, this typically occurred 3 to 6 days after I placed the order, either as the promised delivery date neared or about two days after I sent a question seeking the brand name of the OE mfgr.
One auto parts salvage business on e-bay..discovered that their listed part was damaged and thus they were unable to complete the transaction.
I checked ebay on a daily basis, and also did a broad search re 85 - 93 D/W 250-350 leveraging the algorithms in Google.

One of those six vendors was finally able to fill my order on my 2nd attempt. That rebuilt booster is in transit.. UPDATE Scratch THAT !!! That order could not be completed, they didn't have the part...

A 2nd Salvage parts dealer one not previously contacted, filled and shipped my order of a newly listed..salvaged D350 booster, also in transit.
Oh...re NAPA.. Long story short, contacted them 2 X several weeks apart. I didn't see what I was looking for, on the second attempt I followed the online advisory to call the local store as the part had to be ordered in-store. The second time, I spoke with a counterman, he replied, could not find any links to such a part, but stated they were having system issues, re nearby lightning storms/strikes the previous evening.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't understand this Booster Thing" either !! Why, after contacting 8 major parts vendors, and about 4 obscure/regional, apparently smaller parts vendors all of whom I've never heard of. I could not find a my preferred BENDIX a AC/DELCO, or a CENTRIC.

Of the eight,....two listed them NOT in stock. Ok no problem there. A least they gave one the option of being notified whenever said part became restocked. I exersized that option. However to date.. no notification re "In Stock".

I ultimately placed orders with the remaining six vendors all showing said booster currently in stock only to have each cancel the transaction/issue a refund, re responding that the booster was not in stock. Oddly enough, this typically occurred 3 to 6 days after I placed the order, either as the promised delivery date neared or about two days after I sent a question seeking the brand name of the OE mfgr.
One auto parts salvage business on e-bay..discovered that their listed part was damaged and thus they were unable to complete the transaction.
I checked ebay on a daily basis, and also did a broad search  re 85 - 93 D/W 250-350 leveraging the algorithms in Google.

One of those six vendors was finally able to fill my order on my 2nd attempt. That rebuilt booster is in transit.. A 2nd Salvage parts dealer one not previously contacted, filled and shipped my order of a newly listed..salvaged D350 booster, also in transit.
Oh...re  NAPA.. Long story short, contacted them 2 X several weeks apart. I didn't see what I was looking for, on the second attempt I followed the online advisory to call the local store as the part had to be ordered in-store. The second time, I spoke with a counterman, who said he could not find any links to such a part, but stated they were having problems with their system due to nearby lightning storms/strikes the previous evening. I have known and trust this counter man, and what he told me.
P.S. I knew about the NAPA booster, just not my first choice.....
End of story..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.