Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes we can have fires (had one today to smoke some dogs) and we usually scrounge for our own wood.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I was under the impression that we were all going to contribute some meat to the pot and cook everything together. One of the other members was going to bring their smoker.

·
Administrator
25,756 Posts
How about this, we can designate people to bring certain items. We just need to figure out what we want. I am assuming, eggs, sandwich meet, bread, hot dogs, cheese, mustard, catchup, mayo, bacon, misc meats for the pit, milk, drinks, etc.

When we get a list up, then people can say "Ok, I will bring this this and this".

Or, if everyone wants to just bring their own stuff, tht is fine too.

Glenn, I am glad you brought this up.

·
Registered
773 Posts
it will make it easier for me to be told what to bring since, as mentioned before, i dont do this (camping) hardly ever. btw can a 2wd get to the campsite?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I'm sure you can make it to the camp site. The picture that 75TD put up makes it look pretty mild. I looks just like the beach so you should be able to make it.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes there are plenty of stores to buy stuff, the meeting point will be at a Walmart parking lot as discused in a other post. About the 2wd situation, I'm not too sure we are going to camp yet so I can't say who can make it there or not (more than likely yes), If it's ok, I'll bring some awesome Pork&Beans and some meat to throw on the pit.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey I'll eat anything. (Insert raunchy joke here). And I'll be glad to pitch in or bring something.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My fiance just offered to make more potato salad in case we're hogs about it. We can russle up some beans & veggies and stuff.

·
Registered
323 Posts
He says cool he can make a bunch. This is weird. He's the man but he does all the cooking (I dunno how) and I'm the girl but I insist on always being the one who repairs her (even if he knew how). ;)

And hell if I know what Lumpia is, but I'll trust you. Whatever it is, it sounds good. ;D

·
Registered
323 Posts
OOOOOooo that sounds yummy!! :D

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I don't know that is, but it sounds pretty good. Ranch style beans sound ok to me, but I'll eat anything. And I will eat anything. I've eaten bugs in my survival class and other things I've had to kill. You'de be surprised what tastes like chicken.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RAMMAN4 said:
I don't know that is, but it sounds pretty good. Ranch style beans sound ok to me, but I'll eat anything. And I will eat anything. I've eaten bugs in my survival class and other things I've had to kill. You'de be surprised what tastes like chicken.
how about them Madagascar Hissing Cockroach's? They look tasty on tv :-X

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I'm sure they taste like chicken too. With some tobasco they should taste ok. If somebody around the houston area wants to bring some alligator tail I'll cook it. It's really good. Of if it's close I'll go and get some.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RAMMAN4 said:
I'm sure they taste like chicken too. With some tobasco they should taste ok. If somebody around the houston area wants to bring some alligator tail I'll cook it. It's really good. Of if it's close I'll go and get some.
Ain't that the truth! That stuff is awesome. I wouldn't have a clue where to find any but I'm sure It's not too far.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
I'll bring the smoker, 2 burner Coleman (if I find it), wood chunks for smoker & meat of some kind. I like to check out what looks good at the store. I'll also have a bottle of JD & a few micro brews & a box of stogies.

Brad

·
Registered
323 Posts
Haven't had alligator in a loooooong time. When I was a kid my dad took me to a place where they gave you buffalo burgers. I thought buffalo were endangered. It was probably garden-variety Holstein but I couldn't tell what the heck it was.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I know there's a restraunt in Corpus Christi that serves buffalo. It wasn't bad, just expensive. Papadeux has an alligator plate, but they grind the alligator up like ground beef and then make the strips. It's so much better if you get a large chunk and cut the strips and then fry it like chicken. I'de make some pinto beans there, but we aren't gonna have the time for that.

·
Registered
773 Posts
i've had alligator tail when i lived in west palm beach and it is mighty tastey! i also once came across an 8 ft alligator in a road median during mating season (not uncommon i was told.) any way i called it in to the station and then called the cops and i was about 10 yards away all by myself with my bright camera light on it. he kept hissing at me. then the cops and the wrangler showed up and he noosed it, taped his mouth shut with grip tape and tossed him in the bed of his pickup. then i got brave and touched it, then it started thrahing around i im pretty sure i jumped straight into the air about 4 feet while i screamed, needless to all the he-men around had a good laugh. anyway, the wrangler said the gator was on the way to the restaurant i had just had the tail at.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'll be coming up with some steaks, 2 case of beer, chips, case of soda, bug spray, camera and plent of toliet paper. I try grab E-tool from my unit. at least gallon of water. most like that i'll follow ramman4 to houston and to campin spot.
try and grab some MRE's from unit too, just in case.

latindodge

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
someone im me and let me know what i should bring and i will. i normally let the wife handle this but she doesnt know anyone so doesnt know what to bring. give me a list or something or just tell me that would be easier to me.

jamie

1 - 20 of 39 Posts