Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when I was checking my air filter today that the cool air intake on the right side is routed down around the battery to what looks like just behind the driver's side turn-signal. The ancillary (for the 4Bbl, I'm guessing) doesn't have a hose, it just sucks air straight from the engine compartment.

So here's my ?

Would it be more fuel/performance efficient if I were to re-route the driver's side intake to the blank spot of metal just beside the radiator (I could cut it out and put a piece of stainless steel screen over it), and possibly if I did the same with the auxillary intake?

Has anyone tried this? I have to think that ram air might help, and when you do open the 4bbl it would be more efficient to be sucking in cooler air. I noticed it gets mighty hot under there when the engine is running. I'd try it offhand, but I also understand that people who know a whole lot more about cars than me design these things, and I don't want to screw up my ride.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
It would help. Remember to put a "droop" in the hose/duct/tubing with a hole in the bottom for water to drain out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts