Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you need a graphics program to do that. there are multiple out there, also at least one free, I guess mopar4x has posted the address on this board in computer help earlier, or commercial ones, like photoshop, paint shop pro, paint, corel photo paint etc. etc. etc.

if you resize a jpg there are multiple ways to do so: you can resize it in physical size (pixels) and you can cut down in quality, i.e. save it at a lesser percentage rate, which will result also in a smaller file size (in KB) and also in a badder quality pic. the "trick" now is to balance the resizing of the physical size (pixels) with the compression rate of the pic.
you should be good with any pic say 50-60% and a size of about 400x300 pixels.

if you need some help or don't have the tools to do it, let me know (IM me via the Instant Messaging Link at the bottom of this post) and we can work something out ;)

oh, and one last thing: if you post pics, please do so in the right section. Thank you :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
it depends on what they are .bmp .jpg .jif.gif if it is a bitmap .bmp save it as a jpeg .jpg and that wil breing it down to size and if you did that all ready then there are photo shop thing on the web you can down load

·
Registered
453 Posts
I always use a simple tool called Irfan View. http://irfanview.com/

You can download that program for free, there are many cool features in there that are very usefull if you dont have a larger program like Photo Shop or Corel. If you need help learning this program or have anyquestions feal free to e-mail me.

Also, if you do not care to learn the program and would just like your picture resized, feel free to e-mail it to me and i will do so and send right back. This goes for everyone. :)

G

·
I use PhotoSuite 4. I don't know how much it costs because I got it free when I bought my new Lexmark printer a few month's ago. It saves pictures in bmp form when you download from the camera so I resize them from 640x480 to 480x340 and then use the save as command under the file menu to save them as a jpg to my documents. They are usually under 50kb then.

·
Administrator
26,854 Posts
Make all pics you put on the web 72 DPI resolution. 72 dpi is standard resolution size for images on the net, and if you go with a higher resolution, it won't do anything but make the pic larger in file size. 72 dpi and a pic 500 pixels wide will normally be less than 50K.

G

·
smallblockram said:
i was wondering if anybody knows how to resize pictures.
If you have Microsoft Paint -

Start 'Paint'
Do a 'file open' to get your picture into the workspace.
My version always defaults to .bmp filetype but you can make it list others by clicking the down arrow by the "Files of type:" box and selecting .jpg or whatever.

Once your picture is loaded, click on the menu bar <Image>, <Stretch/Skew>.

Then, in the horizontal and vertical stretch boxes, enter a value less than the default 100%. You don't need much, just go two or three percent at a time - if you reduce too much too fast and then need to go back and enlarge, you'll lose resolution :( . Enter the same value in both boxes to preserve the aspect ratio of the original.

Do a file save and then select <Image> / <Attributes>. Make sure the measurement unit is pixels when checking this. The box which opens will list the size of the file stored on disk. Since you just saved it, this is the size of the current picture.

When you're satisfied, exit Paint and post away. {cool}

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts