Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey when are you going, on Sat.?? I could use a trip to the yard myself, just to check out some prices and availability on some stuff. I could maybe check some stuff off my shopping list. If you don't mind, I could tag a long. Let me know.

Ryan

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey Nick, check out the junkyard at 3035 W. Broadway, they have alot of Dodge trucks in there. Thats where I got all the parts for my RC

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could just come to your house, if thats cool. My RC is pretty much out of commission until I can get an oil pump, so I will have my fiances car. We could just take your truck so you can pick up anything you find that you need. I have nothing planned so anytime is good, how bout 9 or 10?? Let me know and you can IM me directions or give me a call @ 623-478-8641 tonight or tomorrow. later

Ryan

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
You might try Hidden Valley Auto Parts down in Maricopa. They have 100 acres with 10,000 vehicles. They don't have vary many vehicles newer than about mid 80's, but if you're looking for things in the 70's and older.

·
Registered
244 Posts
From personal experience, there are some Dodge trucks in Hidden Valley Auto Parts. I can't remember if there were any RC's though. There is another place called Alley's Towing and Recycling that definately has an RC. That is where I got my factory roll bar for my RC. Both of these places are close to the little town Maricopa, just north of it. You basically come down Maricopa Highway (347) and turn on highway 238. Decent prices and good service (Alleys).

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
justplainjoe said:
Hey Nick, check out the junkyard at 3035 W. Broadway, they have alot of Dodge trucks in there. Thats where I got all the parts for my RC
Hey, jpj, I went over there today and got that 100-amp alt and barcket for my RC. Thanks for the info! They had at least 3 RCs and 5 or 6 other Dodges there. Pull-A-Part is the name of it. $42 total for a 100-amp alternator and the SB bracket for it. Guaranteed 30 days.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Hey, jpj, I went over there today and got that 100-amp alt and barcket for my RC. Thanks for the info! They had at least 3 RCs and 5 or 6 other Dodges there. Pull-A-Part is the name of it. $42 total for a 100-amp alternator and the SB bracket for it. Guaranteed 30 days.
Hey GunPilot, where is that place? Me and my dad are going to H.V.A.P. on Saturday and if that's close, we might swing by there later on. Buy the way, H.V.A.P. only has about 2-3 older RC's with the removable top. The have about 20 or so pickups. There is one complete top for an RC. Where it's at is if you go out the office door and go along the fence on the right, when you see some dodge trucks, that's where it's at. The top is laying beside the truck.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Did you guys see that RC just outside of the office. Has a mint top and a clean headliner in it also. I usually go there after work in the mornings so I don't have to fight the traffic twice

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Duffys Ramcharger said:
Hey GunPilot, where is that place? Me and my dad are going to H.V.A.P. on Saturday and if that's close, we might swing by there later on. Buy the way, H.V.A.P. only has about 2-3 older RC's with the removable top. The have about 20 or so pickups. There is one complete top for an RC. Where it's at is if you go out the office door and go along the fence on the right, when you see some dodge trucks, that's where it's at. The top is laying beside the truck.

That's west of 19th Ave on Broadway in Phoenix, south side of the road. 602-243-5400

Yeah joe, you mean the white RC just west of the office? It was pretty clean. I got the alt off of a 318 RC back in the yard. There's also a 3/4 ton 2wd there with a EDL Performer manifold and quadrajet with headers on a 318.

·
Registered
244 Posts
How to get to Hidden Valley Auto Parts -

For those in Phoenix - Come down I-10 east and exit at "Queen Creek" (south of Chandler Blvd.). Go right (west) on Queen Creek and after a few miles it will curve to the south. You are now on the Maricopa highway (347). Continue on this road for about ~10 miles (guessimate). When you see the new housing division on the left (Rancho Eldorado) you are getting close to your turn. Take a right onto highway 238 at the end of the new housing development. Then you will have to watch for H.V.A.P. signs (hand painted as I recall). I think it is about another 5 miles down 238 but I am not sure. It will be on the south side. There are a lot of little junk yards you will see along the way.

You can always look them up on www.yellowpages.com or www.qwestdex.com and it should give you a map and address. Good Luck on finding your parts, HVAP is HUGE!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Not to confuse HVAP with the 80-acre Auto Recycling Mall on the north side of Hwy 238. ;) The last time we were there they didn't have any RC's and the 5-6 Dodge trucks were picked cleaner than a carcass. There are also 5-6 Dodge vans there...sometimes you can find hidden treasures that have just been thrown up in them. ;D

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Me and my dad have been going to H.V.A.P. the past couple Saturdays to get 3.55 and 3.90 pumpkins out of the older trucks. There's about 20 or so 70's trucks ( that's a guesstimate ). If you go on Saturday, look for a 97 Dodge diesel 4x4. We're going to check out the older mopar cars. We haven't been to the Auto Salvage Mall yet. Might check them out sometime.
Thanks for the directions GunPilot.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well, I went to the JY today and hung out wondering what I should get. I ended up with knuckles out and axle shafts for a D44. 40 bucks a side. I also got tranny mounts for my truck. Dealer wanted 64.00 for the rubber mounts under the t-case. I guess I'm cheap, thats what my wife says. Sorry for calling you George in the middle of your workday. I found a 9 1/4 under a 250 and was wondering if the spline count was the same as the 1/2 ton. I was gonna pick it up if it had 4.10s in it. It was a good day for spare parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts