·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you forge the leaf springs? ???

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
very cool I dont know if I have that "resolve"to do my own work by hand like that.but yeah how DO you forge the leaf springs?How did you get them the same on both sides?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
??? ::) When you go to do the back take some pics of the process, I think that will help clear things up. ;)

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Any ideas how this will hold up?? Will this sag back down in a few months? Just wondering how durable it will be.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
jpaitala said:
If new leafs last like 10-20years, like they normally do and
my custom forged leafs hold up like 5-10 years then I'll say so what?? It's definately worth it, and it does not cost you anything... Yes it's easier to buy some new leafs but so what?? I like mine and I'm happy with the result, I'd say that everyone should try this first and only after that tell that it didn't work or something... You'll never know for sure. ;)
I wasn't knocking it, just wondering how it would hold up! Actually I wish I had thought of it!! Hell If it lasts a year I think you are money ahead.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So where are the pics with the meats on?

I'm not knocking you either I'm just interested in how it was done. If it looks like it would be easy enough I may try it myself.

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Juha, you are an animal. that looks great.

Guys, I think he forgot to mention an important part of the process, which is being immensly strong (Juha is a strongman competitor in Finland, and he's a big fella) ;D

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still waiting for the pics of those new meats and maybe some close-ups of those springs.

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Juha, He's talking about your new tires. Some of the slang just doesnt translate right, does it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
c'mon!! wheres the WHOLE picture!!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So you just bet them around with a hammer? Like clamp it in a vice and start smaking it back into shape?

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
The tires look great, Juha.

Did you get a chance to pound on the rears last sunday?

Ian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts