Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i belive that the crankcase is seperate from the compresor side so you should be able to run 10w30 or 5w30 not positive. the "v" compresor is essentially a small non firing engine

·
Registered
450 Posts
If you are going to use this for air conditioning do not put anything in there except refrigerant oil. The crank case is not seperate!!!. And by the way never take that plug out with a full charge of freon. If you do bye bye freon. And be careful when you screw that plug back in . If you over tighten it you will crack the case. I know from experance. I can't remember how much oil goes in the sump of the comp but I rember you measure it with a coat hanger.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
when that compressor is totally empty it will hold 8 oz of oil. if using r 12 use mineral oil and if r134a(my preference) then use ester oil. good luck

jamei

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Still use that oil if you are just using it for an air compressor?

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
you could use just bout anything if using as a air compressor but for refrrigerant needs to be refrigerant oil only. ester or mineral. ester is a synthetic that is basically a universal oil and is compatible with mineral and pag which are not at all compatible so it is nice to use as it is really really safe.

jamie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts