Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, do you want to try to get together on next Sunday, August 18th at Lake Pleasant? We have a commitment on Saturday, but Sunday is open.

Do any of you have (or have access to) any boats or personal watercraft? This might determine where we end up if we have several people and no water transportation! ;)

We can plan for a day of swimming, burnin' burgs on the bbq, and shootin' the breeze. It will be a family-oriented gathering, so bring your little ones - we'll have our two noodleheads there!

Okay - so who's in?

·
Registered
329 Posts
The trip sounds great, but unfortunately (for me anyway), I won't be able to attend. It appears that vacation time in Aug is a hard thing to come by where I work. The soonest opportunity I'll have for time off is in Sept, but make sure you guys take some pictures and let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I won't be able to make it on Sunday. My fiances granparents are giving us a car as part of our wedding present. The only stipulation is that we have to drive it back from Chicago. So thats what I'll be doing this weekend. Once we get the car here, the RC is getting parked to await its new motor. If we can do it next weekend I could probably make it, but don't change plans on my account. I am sure I will get to meet you guys soon no matter what ;D ;D.

Ryan

·
Registered
245 Posts
My RC is without AC so I don't drive it a whole lot during the summer (especially during the day). Unfortunately, Lake Pleasant is on the other side of the city for us and my family usually puts the veto on long trips without AC.

I am looking forward to meeting the AZ group; maybe when things get a little cooler.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Have only seen Montana on a few times since Ram Jam. Probably busy with work and the little lady.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey! This lake thing sounds great! I wanna go! I'd like to meet some of you guys. My wife and I do a lot of camping up on the rim & such in the summer to get out of the heat if anyone's into it.

Just let me know what time and what part of the lake. I'd think you guys would be hard to miss, though!

Can't wait to see some of your rides and get some questions answered about mine. Who knows, maybe I can help you, too!
BYORC, right?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Unless things have changed, there's only 3 ways into the lake. 1- is the marina & second boat launch. 2- is the back side of the lake where if you want to get wet, it requires walking or 'wheeling. 3- is where everybody else is! If we keep it mild, I'm guessing this is the place to go? I also wonder if those w/o a/c not coming may reconsider if we keep it car accessable? I don't know if you're required to bring your RC or perhaps just a photo?
At any rate, I'll be there with mine.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Ramus doesn't have A/C in it, either. Unless GP has some time between now and Friday night, we won't be driving the Ramus because the rear seat isn't installed, or rear seat belts, so the noodleheads wouldn't be able to ride in him. We'll see.

You guys are not required to bring your RC's or TD's. Bring whatever's going to get you there comfortably.

We'll do some more quick brainstorming and decide where and when we're going to meet. Early morning will be good. Maybe we can meet at the marina and go from there.

So, does anyone else have any water toys?

What's the head count looking like? Who's bringing whom?

It's four for us: GP, me, and the two noodles.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now, would we leave you sitting on the sidelines, Mo...er, wait - don't answer that. :p ;D

We're just trying to get an idea on what's what to help us decide what we're going to bring. I don't know if we'll end up dragging the pontoon boat out, or not - but the jet ski's going for sure.

Don't be embarassed, Mo! Feel free to bring your squeeky rubber sharky out of the closet. We would never condemn a man and his squeeky toy! ;D

Plan on bringing all your Super Soakers and the like - that'll give the boys (big ones, too) something to do! We have a water totter shaped like a huge banana we can probably bring, too. Nerf footballs and the like will also be a fun thing to bring to play with in the water.

Right on, guys! Get your coolers packed - it's a family outing at Lake Pleasant!

AZRC - RC's are not required! Bring the family on out! 8)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang near forgot!

Hey Mo - I think I saw some of Casa Grande's finest loadin' up this mornin' - nice, fresh selection! Would you like me to see if I can hook you up?! :p ;D :p

<poke, poke, ducking, jab, jab>

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Twister said:
Dang near forgot!

Hey Mo - I think I saw some of Casa Grande's finest loadin' up this mornin' - nice, fresh selection! Would you like me to see if I can hook you up?! :p ;D :p

<poke, poke, ducking, jab, jab>
No, honey, they're not ready yet. They haven't been branded.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Ok, y'all. How's about we meet at the Wild Horse, that's on the SE corner of the Carefree highway and that north-south road to the lake, what is it, 99th ave? Anyway, let's meet there at 0900, that's nine in the morning for you civilians. At 0930, we depart from there to the lake, so there's a 30-minute window to get there.

From there, we should convoy to the west entrance to the lake, that's the second one. We'll be pulling a watercraft of some description, so we need to get in there to launch it.

Bring your own stuff to eat and drink, we'll have a BBQ for sure. Hopefully, we can find an area down on the lake to set up at. Last time I was there, there was an area to the north of the boat ramp that was open where we could drive down to the water.

Everybody come prepared to have fun and let's be responsible too.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well, looks like you can count my wife and I in. So that makes 2 more. Does everyone fend for themselves on cooking? Does someone bring a grill or would you like us to bring one for all to throw on?

·
Registered
343 Posts
You can count us in also. Me the wife and kids. I'll be getting off work Sunday morning at 730 so I may not be able to meet up with you guys. Never been to that area and will be coming from Gilbert. I'll find my way though. I'll be looking out for you guys. I'll be in a 78 RC yellow w/ a softtop. Look forward to meeting everyone. Joe T

·
Registered
281 Posts
;D Hey all, this get together sounds fun. I think the girlfriend and i might make it, but not sure yet.
Sorry i haven't been on much, but we've been busy house hunting and i've been workin alot of o/t lately.
Anyone else gonna bring there fishin pole? Might be able to catch some bass if there's a good spot to fish wherever we end up.

Hope to see you all on sunday. Todd 8)

P.S. DON'T forget the sunblock.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right on! Glad to hear from everyone! It should turn out to be a great time!

To reiterate a few items:
  • We'll meet up at Wild Horse on the SE corner of Carefree Highway and 99th Ave at 0900. We'll depart from there at 0930 and head out to "our spot."
  • I think "our spot" will be via the west-side entrance (not the marina) - where you can basically drive right down to the edge of the water. I think this is the location we're talking about - the Park actually refers to it as the North Entrance. "The second entrance to the park is located 3 miles north on Castle Hot Springs Road, past the main entrance."
  • Everyone will be responsible for their own food and drinks. We will bring a grill for community use. Jason, it would be great if you and your wife could bring another grill, since it looks as if the head count is growing.
  • We have a shade we can bring. If anyone else has one that you would like to bring, that would be great. We can set them all up together for a hang-out when we're not playing in the water.
  • Don't forget the obvious things, like chairs, sunscreen, hats, cameras, etc.
  • We'll have the jet ski. I don't know if we'll have time, but we'll try to find a tube for some joy rides. We'll also bring the water totter and some extra life jackets for the little ones. Mohammad, I have some special floaties just for you.
  • Todd, I'm sure you'd have to twist GP's arm really hard to get him to fish. It's probably safe to say you won't be the only one with a pole. My hunny's always up for capturing the great, elusive bass.
  • Fees are $5 per vehicle, plus $2 per watercraft

Head count looks like the following so far (am I missing anyone?):
  • George, Jalene, and 2 noodleheads (ages 9 and 10)
  • Mohammad and rubber sharky
  • Nick, little brother, and possibly 1-2 more of his friends
  • Jason and wife
  • Joe, Jackie, and kids
  • Todd and girlfriend (I'm sorry, I cannot remember her name from Ram Jam)

Alright guys, what am I forgetting to touch base about?

Sam has not given me access to our member database yet, so for those of you who put your phone information in there, I don't have it. If you have a phone number you would like to have put up on the Contact List on our board, send me a quick email or IM and I'll put it up.

George and I will be available by cell phones any time between now and Sunday morning, with the exception of 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Saturday. So, feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or just need to get ahold of us.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's a Lake Pleasant Map. I believe location 6 is where we will be headed. For those of you who do not know where Wild Horse is, you can see on the map where 99th Ave meets up with the Carefree Highway. It's on the southeast corner - you can't miss it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts