Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
if you still need help e-mail them to me and i will see what i can do!

[email protected]

·
Registered
929 Posts
After I have my pictures or an answer to a question saved on my computer, how do I post it? Usually if someone has a question others will be interested in the answer and if I e-mail it no one else can see the answer.

G

·
georgeda said:
After I have my pictures or an answer to a question saved on my computer, how do I post it?
You can't post the actual image but you can post a LINK to the image. You need to upload the image to your ISP provided homepage. Since you have worldnet you can go to your account page and find out how to do this. I used to have worldnet and it took a bit of fumbling around but I did manage to get some things uploaded.

However you do it (using worldnet or an FTP utility), what happens is that your image eventually resides on the WWW as:

http://www.your_isp.com/georgeda/your_image.jpg

The actual Uniform Resource Locator will be different as this is just an illustration. To allow others access to this you post a link on this site such as:

{image}http://www.your_isp.com/georgeda/your_image.jpg{/image}

Note that in the pseudo URL above, the word IMAGE is in curly braces. The correct characters are '[' and ']' and the correct pneumonic is IMG. I just don't know how to put them up in a post and have the interpreter not see them as real control characters. The image url shortcut is included in the YABBC tags selection on the posting page. It's fourth from the left, second row.

Remember, the image file size must be less than 50k.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I don't meen to sound stupid, but I ned help. I do not know what a URL is. I would like to post some pics of my truck and enter the action contest. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

G

·
Toyradio said:
I don't meen to sound stupid, but I ned help. I do not know what a URL is. I would like to post some pics of my truck and enter the action contest. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
Go to www.irfanview.com
download the irfanview program this program is free and is very usefull to resize your pictures
Next go to www.imagestation.com
and open up a free account from imagestaion you can link your pictures to RCC.

Once you have your pictures resized and stored on the web you are ready to link them to RCC to do this you will need to open up 2 broser windows one to RCC and the other one to imagestation

Right click the picture you want to link you will see a pop up.
on the popup click the properties button. that will show you the URL for the picture Highlight the the urland press the "ctrl" key and the "c" this will copy the url to your clip board.
next step is to paste the url into your post. in the text body of your post you will need to add the yabbc tag that lets the picture link to the site

Right above the text box and under the subject box are 2 rows of buttons click on the one that looks like a picture
when you click it it will look like this

between the brackets are the letters URL delete only the URL letters and replace them with the URL that you copied from the picture to do this move the cursor between the brackets and press the "ctrl" and V key at the same time once you have your pictures inserted into your post press the post button and you are all set

you can use the test board to practice with until you master how to post pictures

1 - 6 of 6 Posts