Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electric choke uis the way to go u can get 1 from Summit or local dealer for it . Umm..u happen to know what model carb u have cuz u will need to identify the carb so u know what size spring to run in the choke horn . Very easy to put on a choke and set up .

bt83rc

PS: A manual might be for u cuz u will be able to shut the choke off when u want to the elctric version doesn't allow u to do that so it might be what u want but u will have to run a cable from the choke into the cab so u can open and close it manually .

·
Registered
86 Posts
thermoquad sometimes use a slave choke, which mounts next to the carb on the intake in a little pocket, I have seen a few with maual chokes as well, I didnt know they had an electric choke kit for a thermoquad, I have one but have been looking for a older intake because I need a spreadbore and I have a squarebore. If you have a spot for a slave choke you should be able to pick one up at a dealer and maybe a parts store for about $15. good luck. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
The TQ I picked up looks like it used the slave choske setup, which could be made to work manually quite easily. I have not actually hooked it up yet, because at 110 degrees there's not much need for one and it starts and idles quite easily without one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts