Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just took the Suburban 3rd row and the RC lower frame to the sheet metal fabrication / welding shop, should get it back in a week..will attach pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi RC12102..No problem, See new images with the seat folded forward for you..
I found the Suburban 1500 3rd Row seat, frame very well built. I condensed the previous text, to make a long story short.  I pulled out the RC rear seat, and removed the bottom frame that the seat was built upon. I gave it to the welder and he welded the frame of the Suburban 3rd Row directly on top of the frame originally supporting the RamCharger's bench seat. There is no change when the seat-back folds forward and down nor when you unlatch it to tip it up to get more cargo floor space. It may be an inch or so higher than the original bench. I don't recall without looking back to to what I noted..in the prior posts.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes  Sir RC 12102: Both steps are the same because you're using the same base that the original bench sat upon. See above revised text.. Below I inserted more images of how both frames were welded together. The black round steel frame is the one from the original RamCharger, bench. That little kickstand I just bolted it to the RC frame, it's not long enough to prop the seat straight up vertical. I'll need to get it lengthened, or substitute a longer one from another JYard SUV. That should not be too hard to fix.  The first, second and fourth images show a vertical flat steel bar which is welded at both ends of the old frame to keep the geometry the same. I now recall that he did that because he had to cut off both ends as they were curved somehow and he needed a flat base for the Suburban 3Row to sit upon. So once he welded on those flat bars, that kept the relationship of where the two front hinges with the floor mounting bolts and the rear anchors the same, to allow it all to drop in exactly how the original seat was installed. Lastly, the grey handle belonging to the Suburban seat does not move, the unlatching handle per the original RamCharger seat base is still there and must be pulled up to unlatch the rear of the seat to tip forward. The welder placed four welds to join the front two beams, and the same for the rear beams. the black bar is the original RamCharger..

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.