Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I 2as thinking the same thing on the bearing shield. Heard a little squealing yesterday after a.... Shall we say, spirited pull? Breaking in that new clutch "right".  ::)

Do you know if a rebuild kit for a Ford 435 will work for the Dodge 435? They're a LOT cheaper from what I'm finding.

Changed the Jets again yesterday. Went back to the smaller ones. Had a little missing, advanced the timing some more and it seemed to go away. Starting really hard now though. I'm thinking the timing chain is stretched pretty bad. Time to pick up a new one and see if we can get it dialed back in so it will start fine AND drive well. Unless anyone has another idea on that front, that is. Starts hard every time, but if I back the timing off it misses at mid throttle really bad. Light throttle is pretty good and full throttle isn't bad, but mid throttle misses hard with the timing backed off. It seems more RPM based than throttle based I guess. Only happens 8j mid to high RPM and mid throttle.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
TheBohunk said:
Quick question, since I've seen this mod on other guys' trucks on RCC before as well.......if you are putting the tach in the hole where the fuel gauge and ammeter were, where are you putting those gauges?

I'm assuming the ammeter is being shitcanned, but the fuel gauge seems important. ;)
Anyhow, it seems like a cool mod. I might do something like that myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.