Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm...well that plastic thing you mention is for the charcoal canister line I think . Do oyu need it for emissions ? I would yank the charcoal line and all the smog stuff if you want or just not use the line to the charcaol canister or you can use it like it sits . the exhaust pipe could be getting your fuel hot is very possible . Now you can run a heat shield over the lines or wrap it heat tape .

As for the electric pump you absolutely have to mount near the gas tank or you will have problem like you found out .
also get rid of the mechanical pump altogether as well , you can get a block off plate for it from Summit I think has them .

Trace the lines w/ a color marker is the best I can think of to do or drop the gas tank down and pull the float out and you will know which is which then for sure .

bt83rc

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem with my '84. I went through 3 mechanical pumps from the parts stores. I finally broke down and bought one genuine mopar pump. It cost me alot more, but it solved my problem. As it turns out, all 3 of the "other guy's" pumps had pinhole leaks in the diaphrams. I am a firm believer in, "You get what you pay for". ;D

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Since your running an elec pump why not redo the entire fuel line from the pump foward then buy a return fuel regulator so you won't have the vapor lock worries and cool fuel also now buy a filter and mount it before the pump so you don't have to worry about ruining that i always run 2 one before pump which is the large 1 and 1 before regulator which is a small filter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts