Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading/looking at the RCC shackle design. So the total lift is 4inches in the front and 6inches in the rear? Does this get rid of the factory block? Who has these and how does it work, and how hard are they to build.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
The total lift is just as you said it. But you can have it only 4 inches all the way around, just don't make the rear spring front hanger. I'm in the process of making it right now, not very hard at all, just takes time because everything is so rusty.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
i use it and it works very well for me, see the tx chapter meet pics and see the flex it allows on a 16 foot long crew cab. pretty impressive i think. lol

G

·
Jamie, are you sure it's really 6" in the rear? Seems to me it should be more like 4". Anyway, I noticed a little while back that there's an error on the drawing for the shackle flip bracket, the "3.75" dim s/b "3.0". If it's built to the 3.75 dim there'll be a lot of side-to-side slop when the shackle is bolted in. As soon as I get around to changing it I'll forward the new dwg to Sam.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
not sure what you mean by 6 inches, are you talking bout lift? i dont remember saying 6 inches on lift end, they cant really offer that much without extended shackles and front hangers. either way they normally only give 3-4 inches lift with the block in place.

on the error they are intentionally left slightly larger to allow some compression of the bar to allow it to compress on the sleeve and not the bushings as much. but i think if it shows 3.75 that is way off. should be more like 3.10 to be closer numbers.

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
click on the parts link at the top.

If you do a shackle flip only, it is 4" of lift. If you pull out your block, and your block is 3 1/2", then you get only 1/2" of lift. If your block is 3", then you get 1" of lift.

The front hanger provides 2" of lift. So if you use the front hanger with the shackle flip, and pull your 3" block out, you have 3" of lift.

G

·
Yeah, that's what I thought. The 3.75" dim IS way off, 3.1" is much more appropriate and I'll update that dwg one of these days...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts