Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I tried to find a thread pertaining to this topic with no luck. I am interested in building the RCC components to net a 4" lift on my '90 RC. I would like to get some feed back from those of you who actually built the hangers and shackles for your truck and how they work. What kind of material did you use to build it? I have access to someone with very good wleding/fab skills so I will most likely work with them. What other components are needed to utilize these components (i.e. steering parts, brake lines, etc.)? Do you need to keep the stock lift blocks, or can they be eliminated with these parts? When I install these parts, I will be replacing the springs too so what will I be locking at lift wise at that point? I think this is a good alternative to a lift system but I am trying to avoid going too high since NJ has lift limits on trucks used on the street (from what I have read in NJ you can't go over 4" from stock, unless you want to pass a stability test). Thanks for your help guys.

·
5,656 Posts
I built and installed a RCC 4inch hanger and shackle lift on the front of my 77' M880. all i had to do was new shocks and make a little bracket to move my brake line down.I also flipped my steering arm. I did this whole lift in about a week. But if you have a shop make the lift for you, you should be able to install it in 1-2 days depending on how hard you work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts