Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be in Moab wheeling October 22nd, 23rd, and 24th, (travel days are your own choice). Everyone is invited. Our RCC Moab Meet last fall was alot of fun, so I hope everyone can make it.

Each morning we will meet in the City Market parking lot at 9:00 AM. The trail choices will be made on site and decided by the group. See you there.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Thanks for the long lead time, TV. Yeah, last year's trip looked like great fun, I hope this year I can make it.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
sweet, i'm there.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Does anyone on the AZ board have a trailer I can rent? It will have to be heavy enough to carry the big yellow truck. Or know somewhere I can rent one.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
you can try u-haul, just dont tell them what you are hauling or they wont let you take it.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
justplainjoe said:
Does anyone on the AZ board have a trailer I can rent? It will have to be heavy enough to carry the big yellow truck. Or know somewhere I can rent one.
Joe, if I'm not using mine, you're more than welcome to use it. Whether I'm using it will depend on if I am able to get the A518 in the Ramus in time.

The trailer is plenty capable of hauling your rig.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I haven't checked with U-Haul yet, I know if I told them what it was for they won't rent it to me. Thanks George, are you planning to drive the Ramus to Moab? If so, maybe I'll just follow you in the big yellow truck. I'm getting the 72 GMC ready for the trip. It still has the original step bumper on it with a reciever smaller than the 2" square tube. My neighbor just threw out a step bumper from a 87 Chevy with a 2" reciever attached, I think it will fit the 72. I just have to do the brakes on it and I should be golden.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
I've got a hitch for a chevy, I think. you're welcome to that too. It's bigger than a class 3.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I tried the bumper today and the brackets don't work. I'll take you up on the chevy hitch George.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Ok, I'll swap it for that grille :)

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Bump.....

·
Registered
343 Posts
I weighted the RC Friday at work at the freight shed and it came out to 5230. I just round up to 5300. I'm gonna give U-haul a call on a car hauler. If I'm low enough on weight combined I may just tow it with my Tahoe.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thanks for the link, I guess I'll have to use my 3/4 ton for the tow. I was hoping to keep it below 6700#s. I still need to get a trailer for the trip though. If anyone has one, let me know, I'll rent it.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
We still need to see what Mo can do for us...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
maybe i can talk my mom into letting me take her 90rc? ;D

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Or just the front d/s. I've got a spare one for your truck, you know.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i might take ya up on that GP, lemme see how salvageable the one i have is first.
You are the man, i'll be naming my first born after you... ;D

·
Registered
943 Posts
The Harris clan has reservations at the Red Rock Lodge; arriving on Friday, the 22nd and departing on Monday, the 25th. The Red Rock Lodge is where several of the Utah and Colorado clan are going to be staying, so it would be nice if the Arizona gang can hang there, too.

Here's a link to the Lodge http://www.go-utah.com/red-rock-lodge. The rates are comparable to any accommodations nearby.

We hope to see an Arizona Caravan this year! We missed all of you last year...it was a wonderful time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts