Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, after doing some thinking and some research here it is. Hope it is at least half as hard as the last one.

We all know that Dodge has used the Rams head as a symbol for many years. The question is: Why?

Chris

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Aww crap, i remember this..kinda  :p

Something about a trip through the desert in the 1900's in Dodge Brothers Cars.. Ramming through the dunes and dragging the oil pans?

·
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Chris, that isn't right. Not according to me source, which I will post a link to whenever someone gets it or ya'll give up.

Chris

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
IIRC, I read that when the sculptor was creating the ram hood ornament, the ram had been chosen because of it's sure footed ability. I would have to check my sources to see if that is correct though.

·
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're on the right track. Thats part of it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Okay, I found the story about Fairbanks telling walter chrysler that if you seen a ram charging down on you, you would see its horns and think "Dodge"!

·
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I was hoping it would last longer but am not surprised it didn't. I am just not that good on Dodge trivia. I am going to give it to dodgerammit. You got the next question. Here is the link I got it from.

http://dodge4x4.blogspot.com/2006/11/dodge-trivia.html

Its the second section down. Interesting story.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.