Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we all know about the Ramcharger, which of the main characters apparently drove a 1981 Plymouth Trailduster in the movie Lone Wolf McQuade?   ;D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
29,558 Posts
Nope, '81 was the last year of the Trailduster and the only one built in the '80s body style.  They are rare, but they do exist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
The FBI guy, whatever his name was, did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zach54880 said:
The FBI guy, whatever his name was, did.
Ding, ding, ding!!! You are correct!!! {cool}

That would be FBI Special Agent Jackson, at two minutes into the video...

Lone Wolf McQuade part 10 of 11

Congratulations Zach, you now get to ask RCC Hoser Trivia Question #2. LOL ;D
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
7,250 Posts
forsyth426 said:
i dont think they made a 81 td ive never seen the movie my memory says 80 was last year
They made them. Almost bought one a few years ago.

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,716 Posts
wycowboy said:
They made them. Almost bought one a few years ago.

Chris
I have seen 3 81 TD's in person. ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,219 Posts
and contrary to popular belief 81 was not the last year. i do not know exact production numbers or anything, yet on one of my old cameras i need to have the film developed on i have pics of a 1986 plymouth trailduster we used to have on the sherriffs department in american falls idaho.

I only know this because i also was under the impression 1981 was the last year for the trailduster. so when i saw this one i went out of my way to find out the information on it as it was the only non-pop top trailduster i had ever seen..

VIN and everything else checked out on it. When I dig out the camera and have it developed I will post pics of the TD and the door sticker with info.

eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,716 Posts
IntenseImages said:
and contrary to popular belief 81 was not the last year. i do not know exact production numbers or anything, yet on one of my old cameras i need to have the film developed on i have pics of a 1986 plymouth trailduster we used to have on the sherriffs department in american falls idaho.

I only know this because i also was under the impression 1981 was the last year for the trailduster. so when i saw this one i went out of my way to find out the information on it as it was the only non-pop top trailduster i had ever seen..

VIN and everything else checked out on it. When I dig out the camera and have it developed I will post pics of the TD and the door sticker with info.

eric
It doesn't exist till I see pics! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mopar65pa said:
It doesn't exist till I see pics! :p
LOL Tony!!! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a wee bit skeptical myself. :-\

Let's hope that old film comes out, huh Eric? ;) :) ;D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
29,558 Posts
Only thing I can add is that after 1981, no Plymouth or Trailduster emblems exist in the Mopar Parts Manuals, but stranger things have happened.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,716 Posts
Elwenil said:
Only thing I can add is that after 1981, no Plymouth or Trailduster emblems exist in the Mopar Parts Manuals, but stranger things have happened.
It was a left over from 81 that was titled an 86. :p
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
29,558 Posts
Or it could be that someone pulled someone strings at the dealer to get the '81 Plymouth emblems put on, but then I guess the VIN would still be Dodge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,554 Posts
or it could be a fleet only thing. mostly left over parts arranged randomly
MLOPAR would be the fleet vehicles  ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lopaka311 said:
or it could be a fleet only thing. mostly left over parts arranged randomly
MLOPAR would be the fleet vehicles ;D
Dang it, that's where all the Trailduster emblems went, confisticated by the coppers!!! :mad: ;) ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
OK, apparently I get to ask the next RCC Hoser trivia question. Cool.

So, without further ado, question #2(poetry, don'tcha know)

Name the first video EVER played on MTV. Video alone will suffice. If you can name the artist, so much the better.


 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
29,558 Posts
Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,234 Posts
Shouldn't the questions be centered on Mopar (RCs/TDs in particular)?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
29,558 Posts
Probably.  If I'm right, and I know I am, I'll swing the questions back to Mopar related.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top